Hendrick poised to dominate 2017

Fordracing7

2018 Pick em Champion
Love it or hate it (like I do) they were definitely very strong during the chase including the 5 car.I think all 4 drivers will have wins and get in the chase next year very similar to what the Gibbs cars did this year......I hope im wrong

I think Elliott will get a win possibly two along with multiple Johnson wins. I'm not sold on Jr. being 100% and I feel like one bad crash might end his season again or maybe even his career. I don't look for Kahne to do anything again and being replaced by either Will Byron or Kyle Larson for 2018.

I think Elliott will get a win possibly two along with multiple Johnson wins. I'm not sold on Jr. being 100% and I feel like on bad crash might end his season again or maybe even his career. I don't look for Kahne to do anything again and being replaced by either Will Byron or Kyle Larson for 2018.

Its going to be hard for larson to drive the 5 when hes going to be driving the old 10 car ;) for SHR.

I think it is like raising kids. You do your best and plan for every possibility to the the best of your abilities. And there is a good chance that things will work out well.

But there are always surprises and no guarantees.

HMS will be fine, not dominant next season. Those days are over. I see them doing well early in the season with the new low downforce package before the teams make it up. I'd expect chase to get his first win at an intermediate sometime before Daytona 2 and jimmy will be locked in by then as well. The whole team performed well at the intermediates even in their slump but you can't fault them for not being as good as the 78 there, nobody was. JR has a few chances to win at plate tracks, pocono, and Phoenix and I think he does it once. Might as well write off the 5 it's garbage.

Its going to be hard for larson to drive the 5 when hes going to be driving the old 10 car ;) for SHR.

I don't see it but Tony does like him and he'd be a big upgrade from Danica. Gordon was trying to get him on with Hendrick when he came to Cup but just didnt have a ride for him and I imagine he will either replace Kahne or a retiring Dale Jr.. I see HMS being JJ, Byron, Larson and Elliott in the future.

HMS will be fine, not dominant next season.
I agree with this. The 48 will be the best of the bunch, Chase will probably get a win or two, the 5 and 88 I don't see doing as much.

Even though an HMS driver won the championship, I'd say they were only the 3rd or 4th best team this year, definitely behind JGR/FRR and Penske, and probably on par or slightly worse than SHR. I hate to do the stick-n-ball thing again, but I'd equate Jimmie's championship to an NFL team that went 10-6 in the regular season but got hot in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl. In other words, a championship team that still has an issue or two to address for the coming season.

I agree with this. The 48 will be the best of the bunch, Chase will probably get a win or two, the 5 and 88 I don't see doing as much.

Even though an HMS driver won the championship, I'd say they were only the 3rd or 4th best team this year, definitely behind JGR/FRR and Penske, and probably on par or slightly worse than SHR. I hate to do the stick-n-ball thing again, but I'd equate Jimmie's championship to an NFL team that went 10-6 in the regular season but got hot in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl. In other words, a championship team that still has an issue or two to address for the coming season.

If we had a true "owners" championship and not the nonsensical one we have now I'd predict the order for next year would end up being: JGR, Penske, FRR, HMS, Ganassi (they are getting good), SHR.

If Byron does anywhere near as well in Xfinity during the first half of the season as he did in the trucks, then if I were Kasey I would be shopping around. I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see Byron in the 25 car for a few races as they prepare him for the transition.

If Byron does anywhere near as well in Xfinity during the first half of the season as he did in the trucks, then if I were Kasey I would be shopping around. I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see Byron in the 25 car for a few races as they prepare him for the transition.

Totally possible he was damn fast but what about Bowman? kid can drive just needs time.

If Kasey misses the chase for a 3rd straight year I think he's done, even if there is a year left on his contract.

How about a Chase win at his home track of Atlanta in race #2? I can dig it.

Finished 8th there this year and was strong all year on the 1.5's. He was also dominant when running the low low downforce this year. I expect 3 or 4 W's from him next season.

this is all speculation and we wont know how it unfolds till next November.

HMS caught up to Toyota. Nothing more. Straight up.....at the moment of truth in Homestead, Toyota still had the better cars. Driver went out and won it.
That shows the failings of this one race Championship...... You say Toyota had the better cars.... that is a fact... through the basis of luck...... your Toyota guy(Carl..... which I was pulling for to win)...... screwed up big time..... and let Johnson win.... had this not been a 1 race winner takes all Champoionship...... it would not have happened that way.....

This has to be the dumbest way to crown a Champion that has ever been conceived ......... Anyone that thinks this is the greatest thing since sliced bread ............. well....... I won't go further into what I think as it wouldn't be a pretty post......

That shows the failings of this one race Championship...... You say Toyota had the better cars.... that is a fact... through the basis of luck...... your Toyota guy(Carl..... which I was pulling for to win)...... screwed up big time..... and let Johnson win.... had this not been a 1 race winner takes all Champoionship...... it would not have happened that way.....

This has to be the dumbest way to crown a Champion that has ever been conceived ......... Anyone that thinks this is the greatest thing since sliced bread ............. well....... I won't go further into what I think as it wouldn't be a pretty post......

I don't think we can beat this dead horse anymore but I think the consensus would say a 10-lap shootout to figure out a champion is pretty ridiculous.

if they had the better cars they would have won. the 18 was still racing after carl screw up. not only costing him the championship but the 22 too. carl should get a Matt take out next year from the 22.

Why'd we start the Bold Prediction Thread for 2017 so early and why are we now submitting our predictions via thread titles?

if they had the better cars they would have won. the 18 was still racing after carl screw up. not only costing him the championship but the 22 too. carl should get a Matt take out next year from the 22.
No......... what everyone deserves is a more than one race stupid shootout to determine a Champion..

LOL......I would think more like Jimmie owes Carl several IOU's for handing the Championship to him....
sure the 48 is thankful, but not so much for the 22. I would think he should get a Matt like pay back. after all he is all about pay back.

Why'd we start the Bold Prediction Thread for 2017 so early and why are we now submitting our predictions via thread titles?

Starting a thread about the prediction of the most successful team in NASCAR history who showed the most strength of any team in the chase last year with arguably the most talented young gun in their stable and most dominate driver in the modern era there as well hardly consists of the definition of BOLD. Oh and dont forget they have the most resources and sponsorship $$$.

HMS is likely the best funded and possibly the best managed group out there . The have a good stable of top drivers . But dominant they are not . Jimmie had a sub par year and stole the championship. Chase had a banner year and will get a win or two but he's years away from dominant . Kasey and Junior could and should make the chase but they haven't ever been dominant. Gibbs and Penske are the most likely to dominate. Roush, RCR , and Haas are probably out of the picture , unless Harvick can put together yet another great year with half assed equipment.

HMS is likely the best funded and possibly the best managed group out there . The have a good stable of top drivers . But dominant they are not . Jimmie had a sub par year and stole the championship. Chase had a banner year and will get a win or two but he's years away from dominant . Kasey and Junior could and should make the chase but they haven't ever been dominant. Gibbs and Penske are the most likely to dominate. Roush, RCR , and Haas are probably out of the picture , unless Harvick can put together yet another great year with half assed equipment.
he won the championship.the guy last year stole it from the guys that raced all of the races.

your Toyota guy(Carl..... which I was pulling for to win)...... screwed up big time..... and let Johnson win.

Truth....but the system is the system. Carl can't make that mistake. He did. Game over.

HMS caught up to Toyota. Nothing more. Straight up.....at the moment of truth in Homestead, Toyota still had the better cars. Driver went out and won it.
And a Toyota driver went out, had a brain fart and panicked and lost the championship.
In the heat of the moment when he panicked, the showmanship in Carl took over.

Back
Top Bottom