Here we go again...

T

TN-Ward-Fan

...with the hired guns. They never win, they never finish well, they are as much in the way as the worst road racer on the Cup circuit. Tell y'all what....you take every one of them, I'll take, oh.... hell I'll take Todd Bodine. Betcha I beat ya.

Fellows finished 2nd a couple years ago, but for the most part you're correct.

the hired guns do decent sometimes....if i owned a team that didnt have a shot at the championship, id sure as hell hire one.

a lot of times they come close to winning and then the car craps out.

Ron Fellows did win a Busch Race for Joe Nemecheck a few years back.

i think i would be sick if one did win its like win wc drivers go to busch its like pick one or the other not both! :)

Dan Gurney.....5 for 6 at Riverside.

Oh yea, they never win.

Sure......I get ALL the hired guns and you get Todd. If just one of the guns beats Todd, I win. Loser gives up his nick for the rest of the year.

Ya ready?:p

The hired guns make another side story for the race I guess. Said seems to destroy his car every year. I remember Fellows finishing second, that was cool.

Ain't changin nicks, sorry.

How 'bout this? I win, you start every post from 8PM Sunday to 8AM next Sunday with the words Ward Rules. You may choose something similar for me.

I love the way Boris races. He could teach Mr Excitement a thing or two. Have watched him in other series and he doesn't ever seem to care about points. Only the checkers.

A real hero or zero, win it or wreck it kind of guy.

What is a nick anyway? But sure, I'll do that. But if I win, you have to say Harvick rules. I'm sure 71 fan will do it too.

Sure TN......and if you lose, you start every post for a week with "Ward's a Has-Been"????

:D :D :p

I learn something new everyday, something I should already know. I like your idea better than mine 71fan (Ward's a Has been)

It's just fun 66. I tried almost the same bet with a Jeff fan earlier in the year heads up against Ron Fellows. Woulda lost my nick if she would have taken it.

Not sure that Fellows even has a ride this year. Last I heard he was looking. As for PJ, he's been a driver coach for one of the teams, and he does hold the overall track record. I don't think you can count a guy like that out.

Originally posted by 71Fan
Dan Gurney.....5 for 6 at Riverside.

Oh yea, they never win.

i meant if they won this year or anytime after that, jeez

I get Justin Bell, Shane Lewis, P.J. Jones, Tom Hubert, Scott Preutt, Austin Cameron, Boris Said, Joe Varde, and whoever else comes out of the woodwork.

You get Trash-Em Todd.

Sure ya don't wanna go the farm?

Do you think he will actually change his nick if he doesn't win?

Ok then, do you think he will start every post with Ward's a has been?

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
Don't think I'll have to...

This may be a really bad place to let ya know TWF, but the answer to the driver who has 5 DNF's in 7 starts at Watkins Glen is..............................Todd Bodine

Just fell out of my chair again.....you guys are killing me.

Was just readin a blurb over at Jayski's on Fellows.

He thinks the odds of him getting a ride for Watkins Glen are real slim now. Apparently he thought he was slated for AJ's car and went to the shop to get the seat fitted and was told that PJ would be in the car. I don't think he was real happy that he wasn't told sooner.

If he does get a ride, and gets close to AJ's car on track, it could be a fun dice to watch!

He'd better hurry...AJ's car don't usually stay on the track very long.

I saw that Ron was without a ride over a week ago and let Dwayne at MAR know. Dwayne said they had sold the roadcourse car a while back. Woulda been a great opportunity.

Of the ringers so far, it is Hubert that interest me the most. And who in the world is Shane Lewis and what's he doing in the 09 car? Cameron is a Winston West/Vegas Bullring driver. Think he tried to make the race at Inferion.

Hear tell ol Chuck Trickle is looking for a Cup ride again too. Best offer he has gotten is to maybe test for Ray again.

And certainly can't forget Pruett in the Target car. Hope Kurt doesn't get confused:D

I wouldn't be all that ashamed of taking Todd. He finished 5th at Watkins Glen last year. Even with all those DNFs, you can't trust history too much. Just look at Jeff Gordon at Texas. He had crap luck the first 4 races there, and then finished 5th and 2nd in the next 2. You just can never tell.

Well that's impressive.

I think it's great that guys from other series jump in to the monster cars at the RC's......Kinda like whe the Cup boys do the one-offs at Indy or Daytona24.

Back
Top Bottom