Here's my two cents on this Saturday's NCTS race

T

The_Mad_Hatter

but what the heck, it's been quiet around here today.

It's bad enough all the idiots from the Fox broadcast crew are participating in the Truck series event. Now we have to listen to Michael Waltrip in the booth talking to his brother who is racing in the event.

What a joke. There's some good drivers in that series, it shouldn't be made into a sideshow for the benefit of the Waltrips. I thought when Ned Jarrett finally left we would get some objective coverage of the races. Darrell has obviously picked up where Ned left off, rooting for Mikey and all of his DEI/Kentucky buddies. And now they'll carry their favoritism over to the truck series while they bombard us with their improper English and the same stupid commercials over and over and over and over and over.

:cheers:

lol...

Having his nose up the collective DEI bunghole gets him some good benefits.

Originally posted by paul@Apr 9 2003, 11:07 AM
lol...

Having his nose up the collective DEI bunghole gets him some good benefits.
ROTFLMAO (at both of you! paul & hatter) :lol:

I just hope they use their "Beyond Racing" feature so we know what Darrell likes to eat. Hey by the way, where do I vote for the sexiest driver :lol:

:bounce:

Originally posted by The_Mad_Hatter@Apr 9 2003, 10:05 AM
while they bombard with the same stupid commercials over and over and over and over and over.

:cheers:
Fox now has the waltrips planning the commercials?

DW has been hard on Mikey many times as well.
DW is great IMO( seems everyoen has an opinion on DW)
DW doing this race is good not benifiting the Waltrips.

First, with a big name driving in the truck race it will draw more attenison to the truck race and possibly more sponsors to the series.

Second, With DW, Larry and Jeff all doing part of the work they used to do will help them with what racing is like today. Larry will know what a spotter has to deal with, Jeff will know all of the new tricks for Martinville( i think he already does) and DW will have driven in a vechical that is very simialr to the Cup and BGN cars( just with a diffrent body) That seast time will help him know what todays cars are doing and refreshes his memory of everything eles. These cars have changed a ton in the 3 years since DW took off the cup drivers helment.

Third, it will be fun to see a reverse of the Waltrips. DW on the track and Mikey in the booth.

I am looking forward to DW in the race this weekend. If you don't want to see DW and Mikey then just don't watch the race!

by the way its on SPEED not FOx, so i don't think we will see as many Aaron's comericals, might have some but not as many!

And it gets even better! From jayski:

Racing and Wrestling Event and Hermie to Announce Sponsorship plans: Racing and wrestling pair up once again for an evening of incredible sports entertainment this Wednesday night on NWA-TNA: Total Nonstop Action wrestling on iNDEMAND and DirecTV pay-per-view at 8:00pm/et. Fox Sport's Jeff Hammond will serve as a guest color analyst for an innovative X-Division 6 Man Match. The X Division is an extreme class of wrestling with high-flying, acrobatic maneuvers and is available only on TNA.

Hammond will join "The Professor" Mike Tenay and Don West ringside to call the action on what will surely be a "match of the year" candidate. In addition to his analyst duties, Hammond will be broadcasting his segment for Totally NASCAR on Fox Sports Net from the TNA Asylum Wednesday night. Hermie Sadler will be back at the TNA Asylum to talk about TNA's sponsorship of his car this past weekend at the Aaron's 499 in Talladega, and will be announcing TNA's sponsorship plans for the #02 car for several additional Winston Cup races.

No stranger to wrestling, Sadler defeated Ron "The Truth" Killings in his only in-ring appearance last September. NWA-TNA: Total Nonstop Action Wrestling is the first-ever weekly pay-per-view wrestling series that airs every Wednesday at 8:00pm/et on iNDEMAND and DirecTV. With its unique blend of traditional wrestling and the high-flying cutting edge moves of the X-Division, it is the definitive alternative for the wrestling enthusiast.(Trifecta Entertainment PR)(4-8-2003)

Whats wrong with that? Hermie has a hobbie besides racing! Plus if they can help support Hermie's race team that great!

Oh... I just noticed Hammond in there. Thats cool he does alot of weird stuff

My brother is a Pro Wrestler for an Indiana wrestling leauge, he is pretty good as well. One of the top wrestlers after only 1 year, he is a bad guy( or heel) so its fun to boo him and tell him he sucks when we got to matches......lol

here is the webpage
he is one of the wrestler in the profile, and is sorta named after me. Take a guess

Ned Jarrett was ten times more objective during a race than DW ever has been. :rolleyes:

You guys get so damn upset over DW...take it for what it is worth, if you don't like it, turn down the volume and listen to MRN. I personally think the entire Fox package is pretty good ...beats NBC any day, but still second to ESPN IMO.

It is getting kind of pitiful......dwelling on the Waltrips and DEI.

Michael Waltrip has nothing to do with how many commercials are shown on TV. The network is....I know that might hard for some of you to comprehend, but its the truth. If NAPA and Aarons wants to dish out the money for their items and business to be shown, the networks will take it. No favortism, no conspricacy, just money. That's what commercials are all about.

And like Mopar said , in a sense....If you don't like DW, turn down the volume, or turn it off.

It amazes me how people bitch about something but continue to watch it week after week.

Fergy - I don't watch it every week. I listen to it on MRN with the tv broadcast muted. If MRN was broadcasting the truck race I would listen to MRN. And no, I more than likely will not tune in to the race on Saturday.

I've watched the NCTS from the very beginning. Always thought it was a great series. I just think there are a lot of drivers who deserve camera time for their sponsors. Unfortunately, with DW there this weekend they probably won't get that time.

As far as "bitching" about things, I thought that was part of what this forum was about.

FOX - I never said NBC was better. I thought it was a stupid idea to put Dallenbach in the Busch race. But at least that was a bona fide team trying to get up and running.

According to the weather report - which is even more inconsistent than NASCAR - rain is in the forecast for tomorrow. It would be very interesting to see what happens if NCTS qualifying is rained out. That truck DW is driving doesn't have a provisional, does it?

1052146_36_1.jpg

Here is a Pic of DW's truck. Like Cravens Tide Bleach car, you can see the design better on the truck than the car, alot more space

46 entries for the 36 spots so if it rains DW will miss the race. I don't think they would buy a team this time but they very well could. If I was a small team runnign out of my pocket and a team came and offered me money to let them use the truck I would take it!!

Back
Top Bottom