Hideo back for 2003 and already in trouble

H

HardScrabble

Mike Mulhern called it a major sponsorship, but let's not go that far. Six or seven races is very very nice, but not "major in this day and age. Glad for both Hideo and Andy.

The trouble? Wally Dallenbach as a possible veteran tutor for Hideo. :(

Jayski's blurb on the rumor:

Hideo Fukuyama says he will "definitely" be back next season on the Winston Cup tour, running a limited schedule of probably six or seven races at tracks like Las Vegas, California and Phoenix. He will be under the tutelage of a veteran driver who will also run the rest of the season for Travis Carter [#26 and #66] to keep the team up in the point standings. Who that driver/coach might be is still up in the air, though Wally Dallenbach Jr's name has been raised.

Well look at how hard it is for an outsider to get started.

Chip's got Spence and Sterling, Ray's got ol Bill and a couple kids. AJ Foty can't hardly hire a decent driver. Gotta go with what ya can get I guess.

There ya go.....

Those that can.........can.
Those that can't......coach.

Let's hope that whoever ends up as Hideo's coach does a good job. I think the guy deserves a chance to prove himself. Considering all that he is facing, I think he has done a good job so far.

I agree, a 6-7 race sponsor isn't what I'd consider a lot, but it's not a bad start.

Wally Dallenbach as coach, that will be interesting. What will happen when Wally Dallenbach tries handing Hideo a CowTail?

Considering the difficult tracks Hideo has run, I think he's done an admirable job. Throw in the language barrier and it's downright amazing.

I wish him well. :)

What's going to happen to the NBC broadcast booth? Oh no. I think I'll go cry.

It is nice to hear Hideo is going to be in more races even if it is just a few. Hopefully Wally will be better at coaching than driving. But if it gets him out of the NBC broadcast booth, than I am all for it. :lol2:

I wish Hideo luck.

Back
Top Bottom