High Potential For More First Time Winners in 2017

SlicedBread22

#TeamJL
It's been really fun to see all these new faces running up front.

Stenhouse Jr and now Austin Dillon have secured their first cup series win(s). Of all the people who didnt have a win coming into the 2017 season I would have put those two at or near the bottom of the list of potential first time winners.

With Chase Elliot, Ryan Blaney, Erik Jones and Daniel Suarez running the way they have been it wouldn't surprise me if the season ends with 4 or 5 first time cup series winners.

The your movement is in full affect!! And it's been fun to watch. Hopefully it continues. I'd say Blaney or Elliot will probably be the next first time winner.

What do you think?

It's crazy the winners so far this year. Who would of bet the 17 and 3 would beat the 24,21,77 to victory lane. And the 19 has really performed at a higher level than I expected. These kids are great for the sport hopefully they will spark some interest.

Long live the your movement!!

Danica could become a first time winner this year and I was really proud of how she mixed it up last night. If Goodyear made a tire that held air she coulda had a top 5 at 'lotte.

Some of the possible first time winners people expected to see are still waiting... I find that pretty interesting. Nice to see 17 and 3 each win already though.

If someone told me that by Memorial Day there would be 2 first time winners from the group of the 3, 21, 17, 24 or 19 the 3 or the 17 would not have made the cut.

Some of the possible first time winners people expected to see are still waiting... I find that pretty interesting. Nice to see 17 and 3 each win already though.

I always like to see a first time winner too but with the Stenhouse win coming at a plate track and Dillion's coming via fuel mileage they are certainly nowhere near statement victories.

I'm pretty sure neither Stenhouse nor Dillon care about that.

Nothing like clinching a chase spot and now having several months to get the race cars a little faster before the chase even starts.

Danica could become a first time winner this year and I was really proud of how she mixed it up last night. If Goodyear made a tire that held air she coulda had a top 5 at 'lotte.

Been some strange stuff on here the past few days. Been havin' fun with it. Ain't willin' to be quite that strange.

The fans care. Winning a plate or fuel mileage race is like winning a fight against preschoolers.

Sensible folks know that winning via fuel mileage or at plate tracks count like any other but they don't indicate anything in terms of regular type wins.

It's great to watch the churn of NASCAR talent as Teams rise to the top and fall, throughout the season.

Fuel and tires and car adjustments are part of NASCAR Cup racing -- and the Teams shouldn't accept their position behind the leaders because their cars aren't as dominant.

Team Dillon pushed the envelope and Won. THAT is RACING!

Some NASCAR fans will do anything to discredit results they don't like.

Let's just pretend last night never happened. Austin Dillon better hand over the trophy and prize money. His points paying Cup series victory doesn't hold water with the fickle mob of naysayers.

Fuel mileage, restrictor plate, whatever the circumstances are, a win is a win.

This could be like 2002, when there were five first-time winners. We have two already, I'd say Chase and Ryan Blaney have a very good chance of picking up win #1 this year as well. Wouldn't suprise me to see Jones or Suarez pick up a win somewhere either.

Back
Top Bottom