Holy Ganassi Team Batman!!!!

P

PenskeGirl

It was speculated that next year Ganassi would run both open wheel cars in the IRL since he had already split the teams between CART & the IRL. IRL2Day on ESPN just announced that Ganassi will be leaving CART (which most of us figured anyway). The biggest news is that he's going to field FOUR cars in the IRL. It's considerably cheaper to run in the IRL, but I can't imagine anyone having the time to field four cars in one series while also fielding multiple cars in other series..... I tip my hat to Chip Ganassi. He's got more patience than I do.

:soldier:

Ganassi is one of the great car owners! His Pittsburgh PA background of hard work really pays off on the tracks of nascar and open wheel racing.

Look out for Ganassi to win IRL and Nascar titles real soon!

Too bad the Nascar aero rules change has taken away his chance at winning a Winston Cup Title this season!

I do think IRL is the way of the future in Open Wheel racing! These guys and gals put on a good show !!!!

Sarah Fisher rocks ! You Go Girl :D

Back In Sept when I originally posted this thread, the IRL2DAY show had said that Chip was going to have 4 cars in the IRL. A couple of days after that, they were saying that it was going to be 3 cars. Now it's going to be two cars. Here's a paragraph from an article on it @
http://www.racingone.com/article.asp?artnum=15566

Ganassi is the latest to make the move as the Target Ganassi Racing Team announced on Wednesday its intentions to run a two car IRL effort for drivers Scott Dixon and Tomas Scheckter in 2003. Dixon drives for Ganassi's CART team this year while Scheckter spent 2002 piloting Eddie Cheever's Red Bull Racing machine.

Has anyone heard anything about where Jeff Ward is going to be next yr ??

Hey Penskegirl, this is benchracer I'm new to this forum. I see you all over the place. Just wanted to responde to what you said about Ganassi Racing. Your right, the man is incredible, sucess follows him everwhere he goes.

Keep racing

Originally posted by benchracer
Hey Penskegirl, this is benchracer I'm new to this forum.  I see you all over the place.  Just wanted to responde to what you said about Ganassi Racing.  Your right, the man is incredible, sucess follows him everwhere he goes.

Keep racing

Welcome aboard benchracer!! LOL, you see me "all over the place" because I'm one of those people that likes a lil bit of everything when it comes to racing. I don't follow just one series. However, I do follow the IRL more than others. Do you have a preference ?

:)

Back
Top Bottom