HOT PASSES

Thegeneral23

Team Owner
I got two hot passes! I was wondering what are the benefits with a hot pass? Anybody that ever had one can you let me know what you can and can't do ..

I got two hot passes! I was wondering what are the benefits with a hot pass? Anybody that ever had one can you let me know what you can and can't do ..
One of the hardest to get items in Nascar. A hot pass allows you to be in the garage and pit area any time the race is not actually being run. Just be very careful and watch your step. It's orchestrated mayhem in there.

Some of the tracks I have been to make you wear long pants (sweats-anything that covers the legs) in the garage area but I don't know if that would apply in this case.

You can do pretty much anything but drive the car. Garage and pit road access at pretty much all times that on track activity is not ongoing.

Hot passes are a phenomenal experience, enjoy!

Thank you for all the answers! I can't wait!! I want to get a pic with jr before he retires I hope I can with this pass

Actually, hot passes do allow you garage and pit access while there are cars on track. Cold passes do not.

I believe all places will allow you to wear shorts. They changed that rule about 4-5 years ago. Your shoes need to be closed toes. No flip flops, sandals etc. My only recommendation is to be sensible and logical. Don't touch anything. Keep a respectful distance. It's an unwritten rule that the hauler area officially becomes "private" where the car lift ends. In other words, the part outside the haulers where there's essentially a roof overhead - don't go under the roof. Most have a hero card display...that's pretty much the furthest you should venture in. By far the best time to get a picture with a driver is after practice on a Friday. It's a little tougher after practice on a Saturday, but still a good time to try. My advice is to camp out right outside his hauler 5-10 minutes before practice ends and wait for him to show up (some teams decide to finish practice early). If you tell me what track, I might be able to give you other advice.

Actually, hot passes do allow you garage and pit access while there are cars on track. Cold passes do not.

I believe all places will allow you to wear shorts. They changed that rule about 4-5 years ago. Your shoes need to be closed toes. No flip flops, sandals etc. My only recommendation is to be sensible and logical. Don't touch anything. Keep a respectful distance. It's an unwritten rule that the hauler area officially becomes "private" where the car lift ends. In other words, the part outside the haulers where there's essentially a roof overhead - don't go under the roof. Most have a hero card display...that's pretty much the furthest you should venture in. By far the best time to get a picture with a driver is after practice on a Friday. It's a little tougher after practice on a Saturday, but still a good time to try. My advice is to camp out right outside his hauler 5-10 minutes before practice ends and wait for him to show up (some teams decide to finish practice early). If you tell me what track, I might be able to give you other advice.
Thanks for the advice.. it's the COC 600 I'm talking bout

That's why I posted the way I did. A few tracks require you to leave 30 minutes before the actual cup race even with a hot pass.

I had my hot passes for Gordon's last Coke 600. Got an autograph and got a photo with him right before qualifying started - got lucky enough to catch him with nobody else around, it was awesome. I also watched about half of the race from his pit box. Got some race used lug nuts from his tire carrier at the time, and some other stuff that I will forever hold on to.

I had my hot passes for Gordon's last Coke 600. Got an autograph and got a photo with him right before qualifying started - got lucky enough to catch him with nobody else around, it was awesome. I also watched about half of the race from his pit box. Got some race used lug nuts from his tire carrier at the time, and some other stuff that I will forever hold on to.
For the last few years I've gotten to where I spend less and less time in the pit and garage area. Old age is hell but the alternative is, well, the alternative. :D

That's why I posted the way I did. A few tracks require you to leave 30 minutes before the actual cup race even with a hot pass.
Interesting. I've never had guests experience that. Every race I've ever attended I saw folks with hot passes come and go as they please on pit row (as long as they're on the other side of whatever "path" is marked for crews to use while bringing tires/gas cans back and forth etc). I've also never seen guests get stopped trying to enter the garage during a race, although I can totally see why they'd disallow access. Frankly, I'd love to see no hot passes allowed in the garage during races, mostly because there's really no reason for people to be there during a race. There's nothing going on there other than hauler drivers packing up. Being there seems suspicious.

You're seriously going to freak, it's unbelievable the amount of access they give you with those things. It was my first time with them and as soon as I walked in, there sat Chase Elliott's 25 car being worked on. I just stood there for 15 mins and watched them work in awe. From that moment on for the next 3 days it was just constant dreams being fulfilled lol.

On race day I stayed down there until about an hour and a half after the race just roaming up and down pit road, the start finish line, etc. Was able to grab some lug nuts from Stewart's car for my dad also.

You'll love it.

Thanks for the advice.. it's the COC 600 I'm talking bout
CMS is definitely the worst when it comes to garage/pit crowds, so just prepare yourself for a massive amount of people. Since it's a "home" race for most of the garage, everyone's family, friends, friends of family, friends of friends, you name it come out to see them. If you were to poll most crew members what their least favorite race of the season is, they'd probably tell you both CMS races, and for that reason. There are so many guests who think that because they're the front tire changer's cousin, they can just do whatever they want. I think you'll find most crew members pretty irritable. It's not that they're irritable people, and it's definitely not "you" so don't take anything personally. They're just trying to do their job while some annoying relative from another crew member is acting like they own the team. I'm not trying to lower your expectation - I'm simply saying to be prepared for massive crowds and frustrated crews. You're still going to have an unbelievable time.

There are at least one or two "secret" entrances in the fence around the driver/owner motor coach lot at CMS where drivers kinda sneak around to and from their bus and the garage by not using the "main" entrances. Find those (there's usually a security guard sitting in a chair), and that will provide another good picture/autograph opportunity for you.

Also...make sure to find a pit road selection map (Bob Pockrass usually tweets one). As soon as someone crashes out (or leaves the race for whatever reason) head immediately to their pit stall. Once they're done packing up (they do it VERY quickly) that pit area basically becomes an open viewing area. Like I said, try and get there quickly.

CMS is definitely the worst when it comes to garage/pit crowds, so just prepare yourself for a massive amount of people. Since it's a "home" race for most of the garage, everyone's family, friends, friends of family, friends of friends, you name it come out to see them. If you were to poll most crew members what their least favorite race of the season is, they'd probably tell you both CMS races, and for that reason. There are so many guests who think that because they're the front tire changer's cousin, they can just do whatever they want. I think you'll find most crew members pretty irritable. It's not that they're irritable people, and it's definitely not "you" so don't take anything personally. They're just trying to do their job while some annoying relative from another crew member is acting like they own the team. I'm not trying to lower your expectation - I'm simply saying to be prepared for massive crowds and frustrated crews. You're still going to have an unbelievable time.

There are at least one or two "secret" entrances in the fence around the driver/owner motor coach lot at CMS where drivers kinda sneak around to and from their bus and the garage by not using the "main" entrances. Find those (there's usually a security guard sitting in a chair), and that will provide another good picture/autograph opportunity for you.

Also...make sure to find a pit road selection map (Bob Pockrass usually tweets one). As soon as someone crashes out (or leaves the race for whatever reason) head immediately to their pit stall. Once they're done packing up (they do it VERY quickly) that pit area basically becomes an open viewing area. Like I said, try and get there quickly.
So getting to a pit stall what does that do?

You're seriously going to freak, it's unbelievable the amount of access they give you with those things. It was my first time with them and as soon as I walked in, there sat Chase Elliott's 25 car being worked on. I just stood there for 15 mins and watched them work in awe. From that moment on for the next 3 days it was just constant dreams being fulfilled lol.

On race day I stayed down there until about an hour and a half after the race just roaming up and down pit road, the start finish line, etc. Was able to grab some lug nuts from Stewart's car for my dad also.

You'll love it.
I can't wait!!

get friendly with the lower tier teams you might get on a pit box :)

I am glad to hear that shorts are no longer verboten.

Back
Top Bottom