Hot Wheels stunt: Attempt to break distance jump record at Indy

N

nascage

Quote:

On May 29th at the INDY 500, an 875hp Pro-2 will drop 10 stories down 90 feet of orange track in an attempt to break the current world record for a distance jump in a four wheeled vehicle (302 feet). Here's a preview of what's to come as IZOD Presents Hot Wheels Fearless at the 500.

Watch the stunt on ABC immediately following the Indianapolis 500. Read more, here.

Saw that, I have a bad feeling about it.

Here's the thing, though. It's my understanding the attempt will occur 80 mins before the 500 and shown after the race. If the stunt goes bad, will ABC still show it after the race?

The fact that the stunt will be aired on a tape delay takes a lot of the excitement out of it for me.

(shakes head)

Someone somewhere will have footage of it. It will probably be on You Tube before the race starts. And I agree, the excitement isn't there on a tape delay.

I attended the Indy 500 this year and our seats were in the North Vista that gave us a good view of the Hot Wheels track. Our shuttle bus was an late due to traffic and we missed seeing the jump at 10 a.m. Thankfully, we made it to the IMS in plenty of time for the other pre-race events. We received some pretty cool Hot Wheels 1:64th die cast replicas of "Fearless at the 500" car. From the looks of it, I think it was a pretty well calculated jump and probably not as risky as it looked. Regardless, it must be a wild ride!

Back
Top Bottom