How about a Rule Change????

N

NewmanFan

How about if Nascar were to change the rule about finishing a race. Instead of having to throw a red flag or running the last 3 or so laps under caution-----Lets say that if there is a caution inside of 7 - 10 laps yellow flag laps DO NOT COUNT... Just a thought. Let me know your thoughts.

Hey NewmanFan,
Long time, no see. I think whatever they come up with, as long as it's consistently applied, would be an improvement.

Sounds good to me (as I post my final message with a yeller bumper).

TN-WARD-FAN,
Here's to your next post...............:calpping: :calpping: :beerchug::calpping: :calpping: CONGRATULATIONS. It's about time!

I agree with you NewmanFan but I think Mike Helton addressed that when he said NASCAR will only go the prescribed or advertised distance of any given race. I'm sorry I don't have a link to prove it because he said it in an interview several months back.

The only thing abt judging how many laps to go in a race when NASCAR can still red flag it is the different sizes of tracks.Ur example mentions 7-10 laps,but 7laps at Martinsville=3.68 miles whereas 7 laps at 'Dega=18.62 miles which is a lot of difference,JMO!

24thunder,
It's not so much about the distance, rather the laps. One to gather the field behind the pace car, one to let them pit, and another pace lap or two before they go back to green.

I like Newmans idea.........instead of 10 laps how about 10 laps on tracks one mile or greater and 5% of race distance on less than a mile. That would even it out a little. That would make 500 laps on a 1/2 mile track 25 miles. 10 laps on a 2.5 mile track 25 miles. It would vary on total distance at different tracks but would be pretty close to equal. I just like the idea of teams having to figure a caution inside that range into their pit strategy!! Make a milage race a little more difficult yet still give enough racing time at the green to make it up if you are good!!:D

Originally posted by racer8
as long as it can be consistant:)

Agreed racer8, but lately the only consistantcy is JEFF GORDON.

Rules change before, during and after the race.

I DO AGREE WITH de

POOP OR GET OFF THE POT nA$CA$H

The only problem I see with this idea is that if someone has planned their fuel out to have just enough to finish, as Harvick did at Chicago, then he would in effect lose the race because they ran more laps than originally planned.

You see any way you look at it...someone will be unhappy...looks like Nascar is just gonna have to suck it up and make a decision.

I agree with you awesome Bill---Noone wil be happy until there is some consistency.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin
The only problem I see with this idea is that if someone has planned their fuel out to have just enough to finish, as Harvick did at Chicago, then he would in effect lose the race because they ran more laps than originally planned.

Wouldn't that just make the race to the finish all the more interesting though. The crews would have to make sure they had a bit of extra fuel in the car towards the end of the races. I for one prefer to see all of the contending cars finish the races with their motors running. Watching a driver race to the end and then lose the race because he runs out of fuel bites!

I am o.k. with the red flags as long as they are used consistently. Sometimes there is nothing you can do about the end of the race.

I would like to see them extend the single file restart to 15 or 20 laps left. This would help eliminate late race cautions.

p.s. Mlitefan 01, nice Tag line. Think anyone know what movie that is from and what drivers made appearences.

Back
Top Bottom