"How can a person make it this far in life being such a jerk?"

I like carls quote he said on the scanner when he was getting the black flag...

"Whats the find to whooping his ass, because we are going to get that one too"

Lap3Forever said:
Maj, it's I-55 in Pelvy(sp), MO.

Him, Dale JR, and Bob Sargent also own Paducah International Raceway, in Paducah, KY.
Thanks for the correction, lappy. I just caught it in passing, so I wasn't paying 100% attention. I was at least close, tho'. :D

Patty Petty on Tony Stewart...

"Somewhere in heaven there's a special place for Tony Stewart, and that's for sure because kids like this more than likely will prepare that place for him [and] I just want to say 'God bless you, Tony' for all you do."

Patty said this of Tony Stewart after his $1,000,000 donation to the Victory Junction Gang Camp, the 3rd major donation by Tony Stewart to help chronically ill children.

Yeah, you all are right the guy's a jerk.

Yes he is. Giving money from his foundation will not change that fact. All people with too much money start foundations to minimize their tax obligations. Nothing new there.

yeah like money will buy him fans..tony can donate 1000000000000 millions more and he will still be a jerk

I disagree with you guys on some of that. His foundation has helped Childern in my area, with his concert he has in Paducah, KY. He can be a jerk on and around the racetrack, but i do belive he has a good spot in his heart when it comes to this.

reck said:
yeah like money will buy him fans..tony can donate 1000000000000 millions more and he will still be a jerk

If you think he's giving millions of dollars to ill children in order to gain popularity or increase his fan following then you need to do a little more thinking.

Lap3Forever said:
I disagree with you guys on some of that. His foundation has helped Childern in my area, with his concert he has in Paducah, KY. He can be a jerk on and around the racetrack, but i do belive he has a good spot in his heart when it comes to this.
I know of a personal experience where he snubbed a mentally handicapped child in a wheelchair. Not once, but twice. The mom gave him a second chance. (that was her mistake) I'm not going to slam him or go into detail. I have no faith in his donations being from the heart. However, the money does help. It's good that he gives for whatever reason. I'm trying my best not to judge him.

BobbyFord said:
If you think he's giving millions of dollars to ill children in order to gain popularity or increase his fan following then you need to do a little more thinking.

Finally Bobby has said something about Tony that I absolutely agree with. He's not giving millions of dollars to ill children to gain popularity or increase his fan base. He is giving millions because his accountant told him what his tax consequences would be if he didn't. The fact that he chose children was an easy one.

BobbyFord said:
Patty Petty on Tony Stewart...

"Somewhere in heaven there's a special place for Tony Stewart..."

I bet Carl thinks he's got a 'special place' too...

Sorry Tony, you don't have enough money to buy your out of Jerkdom. Nothing more than a tax write off for him..

barelypure said:
Finally Bobby has said something about Tony that I absolutely agree with. He's not giving millions of dollars to ill children to gain popularity or increase his fan base. He is giving millions because his accountant told him what his tax consequences would be if he didn't. The fact that he chose children was an easy one.

Sorry BP but he would end up with more money in his pocket by PAYING taxes than he would by GIVING it away! At no time is there a GAIN by giving money away!
Betsy ;)

Betsy, I think you need to look into how Foundations work and the tax consequences they have on personal income. While it's noble to think that others who give in this manner are altruistic seldom is that the case.

Foundations are created to reduce tax burdens. Period. There's nothing wrong with giving to the cause or charity of your choice, but why not give it directly from your income? (Why? That doesn't save you enough.)

Almost all professional athletes have foundations. And I'm not saying there is or isn't anything wrong with that. It's legal. They make so damn much money, in some cases for only a few years, that foundations are the best and easiest way to reduce taxes at the time.

But the funds can't just sit there forever. They have to be used. Administrative costs and wages for money managers, directors, advisors, travel, etc, etc, take a big chunk. With the rest people support a cause they care about. Kids. Colleges. Animals. Whatever. Some spread their money around, others give huge chunks. Some do it in private, others in public. Foundations are an industry in themselves in the financial sector. Many gain from them. The loser is our tax system. Which in the end is the rest of us. The little peole who are not in positions to have foundations. :(

And so now we all know why Warren Buffet gave 30 some billion dollars to the Gates Foundation. Yep, I do believe that at least 5% per year must be given to a charity, maybe more.

With that kind of logic, Kyle Petty should be able to wreck 42 cars, win every week and be praised.

Sorry if I don't help with the lynching. Yes, Tony was wrong and I would have loved to have seen Carl punch his clock. Too bad those days are gone :( I'll take real emotion over the politically correct NASCAR any day.

Tony Stewart Foundation

If you'd like to make a donation to the Tony Stewart Foundation, please fill out the information to the right.

Organizations Tony actively supports
Kyle & Pattie Petty's Victory Junction Gang Camp
The Ronald McDonald House
The Make A Wish Foundation
The Indiana Special Olympics
Greytrescue (Greyhound rescue organization)
Charlotte Metropolitan Zoo

189779338_0d0bde6ef6_o.jpg

You too can contribute to Tony's foundation. Just click the link and remember to be generous... ;)

barelypure said:
You too can contribute to Tony's foundation. Just click the link and remember to be generous... ;)

Just like all y'all have been generous with your opinions of someone whom has given more than you have.

BobbyFord said:
Just like all y'all have been generous with your opinions of someone whom has given more than you have.
I think we have a right to be generous with our opinions, especially when some one is in the wrong like Tony is. He should be called out on this, after all it isn't the first time he has done something like this. I just wonder if the next time he does try to take out another driver, if that driver will crash and get hurt or possibly injure some one else in the process? When is it enough? He can be as genereous as he wants, that won't sway how i feel about him now, i lost total respect for him, i have given him the benefit of the doubt way too many times over the past 3 years, no more, this was the last time i make any excuses for him. Tony should get reprimanded by Nascar severely, but it won't happen because he has 2 Championships under his belt. It will probably get settled on the track at the expense of another driver.

If 43 drivers go out and all stop be politically correct to simply wreck each other we'd have one lap races. I think they call that smash-up derby.

As for what has been given...I have no idea what poeple on this board have given to charities but it most likely wasn't only money.

I do know I'd be more impressed with someone giving $10.00 from a $100.00 paycheck if they could afford it and NOT intentionally causing millions of dollars of damage to other peoples property.

Back
Top Bottom