How do you like my new avatar?

• Thread starter 4xchampncountin
  • Start date

4xchampncountin

I'm finally getting the hang of some of this computer stuff. I like this new avatar a lot. What do you guys (and girls) think?

4X,
I like it a lot. Miss ol' SRV. I gotta work on my 'puter skills someday.

as long as the house is rockin and you're not caught in the crossfire while it's rainin down in Texas, you'll be fine, :D

Too bad "Another Blues Singer" was called home.

OK, I give up. Who is Stevie SRV? If he was a country singer I might have a clue.

Originally posted by kimi
OK, I give up.  Who is Stevie SRV?  If he was a country singer I might have a clue.

WHAT!! You need a Texas Blues education, SRV gone but not forgotten....Rock on Stevie!

Stevie Ray...God I miss him. Kenny Wayne Shepherd comes close, but ain't nobody gonna fill them boots. :(

Originally posted by kimi
OK, I give up.  Who is Stevie SRV?  If he was a country singer I might have a clue.

Stevie Ray Vaughn, on of the VERY best Blues talents ever born, and played the BEST guitar EVER, bar none. Better, IMO, than Hendricks or anyone alive today.

Maybe before your time??

PURRRRR

Ah OK, I still never heard of him. And yes he was probably before my time. From reading the responses, I assume that he is dead. Did he die from a drug overdose like most of the other rock stars?

I didn't watch the news much when I was 3 1/2, so that's probably why I missed it. I did download some of his songs on Kazaa, he is a pretty good guitar player. It's just not my kind of music.

Originally posted by paul
August 27, 1990

Another day "The Music Died".

Kimi, I am sure if you check at MediaPlay or another music store you could find Stevie's Greatest Hits, or even some videos. AWESOME

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRR, kat

Back
Top Bottom