I spell it:
N......as in National
A......as in Association
S......as in Stock
C......as in Car
A......as in Auto
R......as in Racing

I occassionally see it spelled another way......am I wrong?:(

Put bait on hook,Then throw in line.When you feel a tug pull back with full power,and hook your catch.:D Wrangler the angler.:p

Originally posted by pbunch
Put bait on hook,Then throw in line.When you feel a tug pull back with full power,and hook your catch.:D Wrangler the angler.:p

Darn.......no one took the bait!!:D

well yes it is spelled NASCAR but it stands for
N...National
A...Association
for
S...Stock
C... Car
A...Auto
R...Racing

A+.........but prepositons are often left out of acronyms.:)

$ equals money!!:) Things cost money!!:) The broadcasts we all see (as poor as they may be) cost money!!:) Promoting tracks and races cost money!!:) All those safety people and equipment cost money!!:) Inspectors and officials cost money!!:) Mike Helton (I don't know what his salary is but I'm sure I wouldn't do his job for whatever he makes!) and other excecutives cost money!!:) All those souvenior trucks outside the main gates that we all love to browse have to be coordinated by someone(s) and that costs money!!:) Geeze, it all costs money!!:) So I guess the proper spelling should be NA$CAR or NA$CA$H!! But why is it always stated in some derogitory way when it is spelled that way?:(

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
$ equals money!!:)   Things cost money!!:)   The broadcasts we all see (as poor as they may be) cost money!!:)   Promoting tracks and races cost money!!:)   All those safety people and equipment cost money!!:)   Inspectors and officials cost money!!:)   Mike Helton (I don't know what his salary is but I'm sure I wouldn't do his job for whatever he makes!) and other excecutives cost money!!:)   All those souvenior trucks outside the main gates that we all love to browse have to be coordinated by someone(s) and that costs money!!:)   Geeze, it all costs money!!:)   So I guess the proper spelling should be NA$CAR or NA$CA$H!!   But why is it always stated in some derogitory way when it is spelled that way?:(

BECAUSE Nascar is hurting FANS who do not have the money for things like Racecast, only some races viewable unless one can afford cable or sattelite......and ticket prices????$$$$$$
I consider myself fortunate that I have digital cable, a dial up puter laptop and can pay my damn bills.

And NASCAR survived quite well for years with ESPN as almost only carrier of races......ESPN is now and always was only available on cable or satellite. Racecast is a joke. As much as I dislike the quality of FOX/FX and NBC/TNT, it is free for a much larger audience now than before.

Next argument.:)

Oh and ticket prices...........50 bucks a head for a 500 mile race on a 2 mile track ain't bad!! Go the the movies and spend half that much at the ticket booth.........and almost the remainder at the snack counter.:)

Originally posted by kat2220
BECAUSE Nascar is hurting FANS who do not have the money for things like Racecast, only some races viewable unless one can afford cable or sattelite......and ticket prices????$$$$$$
I consider myself fortunate that I have digital cable, a dial up puter laptop and can pay my damn bills.

AOL/TimeWarner owns Racecast. NASCAR only lets them put their logo on thier website.

Back
Top Bottom