How long did it take ya

I have never had a speeding ticket in my life...not saying I never speeded..just never got a ticket...........:D :satisfied :satisfied :satisfied

I guess I'd had my license for 5 years --- think I was 21 when I got my first. Got my 2nd at age 30. Then one more at age 37 or so. Haven't had any kind of a ticket in close to 20 years now.

The second ticket has a story to it. It was 2AM on a Sunday morning, coming back from the dirt track, with my mother-in-law in the car, and on my birthday! ROTFL
State trooper had no pity at all. :(

I have had 2 in over 20 years of driving. So i guess i have just been lucky or in the right place at the right time.

My first one was when I was about 25. Only have 2 speeding and one other ticket - slid through a 4 way stop in broad daylight in the absolute middle of nowhere during a sleet storm. Jerk.

It took me about two years to get my first ticket. But I've only had one more in the eight years since.

I'm knocking on wood right now, but no speeding tickets in 12 yrs of driving! :)

BudGirl, In my opinion, small town living is the only way to go.:) I work in the city and just bought a house out in a smaller community. And I love it. The whole apartment thing in the city was not for me. I kinda like some peace and quiet when I go home in the afternoons.

Grew up in a small town myself. My high school graduating class was 53 students strong, the largest in the schools history.

Though stopped and warned numerous times, even hauled off to the hoosegow a few times, I avoided tickets for some years. Finally some years after getting my license I received my first moving violation on a foray into a larger city. It was not for speeding howver, as my speed at the time the officer requested my attention was below 10 MPH. The official charge was "exhibition of speed". Apparently burnouts have been frowned upon by authorities for years and NASCAR is just now catching up!!:D

Hi, my name is Mlitefan01 and it has been 7 years since my last ticket ..... Got my first "speeding" ticket about 6 months after I got my license. It would have be $5 but I didn't have my seat belt on so he tacked another 20 on it. Got my second one 4 days later. Gawd I miss the days when you could be doing 10 miles an hour over the speed limit and only get a $5 fine that didn't show up on your record...then there was that brief period where they eliminated the daytime speed limit altogether on the interstates. Damn out of staters ruined it for us though....

not one yet----theres a cop here that if u flash him u dont get a ticket but havent been pulled over yet

Being from NYC, I didn't bother to get my driver's license until around five or six years ago. I got my first speeding ticket about a year after that. I had just gotten an apartment in upstate NY, thinking I would eventually move in full time, and an old SAAB that I enjoyed abusing the country roads with. I typically drove it only on weekends, from Manhattan on Friday nights and back to Manhattan on Monday mornings when I returned to work. It was roughly a five hour round trip, and I enjoyed putting the pedal to the metal when I thought no one was around.

One dark fall night, I was doing around 75 (on a 55 mph road) just minutes from my place, when a state trooper showed up from out of nowhere and pulled me over. I couldn't find a safe place to pull aside, plus I was really tired from working all day and driving all night, so it took me a couple of extra seconds to stop. The cop asked me if I had been drinking, and I told him that, of course, I hadn't. He proceeded to give me both a speeding ticket and a ticket for "failure to yield to an emergency vehicle". Great. In court, I was encouraged by the judge to "chat" privately with my officer, and he agreed to change the speeding ticket to a parking ticket, but kept the failure to yield ticket. I guess that one paid more. How nice that my government approved of lying, I thought, and paid the tickets and left.

Around three months later, as I was rushing to work early one Monday morning on that same Taconic state parkway, I got pulled over by another state trooper. To my chagrin, it turned out to be the very same guy who had nabbed me before and, guess what? He gave me the very same two tickets -- for speeding and failure to yield. I was maybe doing 62 in that same 55 mph zone, but he put me down for 73. I fought it again in court, even having to testify on my own behalf, but naturally lost on both accounts. I had 11 points on my license due to this bs the last I checked. I haven't driven regularly for around 2-1/2 years now, so I suspect they're gone from my license by now.

Lesson learned: if you drive a cherry red SAAB in a part of New York state that's hurting for money, you will be harrassed by the police.

I haven't got caught yet.:) I was pulled over once for 73 in a 55 but it was the week of Christmas. He let me go. It was in the our small town.

done my share of speeding, but no tickets, i drive mostly on country roads, and the cops usually think its to damn hot to do stuff..:)

No speeding tickets but they have got me on some other tickets before.

Originally posted by Tabasco
to get your first speeding ticket?

Well Tab, I am now 59+ and didn't get one yet.

DUI is another story, had 2 so do not drive after 1 drink at all.

I had so many in high school (including 2 less than 2 weeks apart) that I had to go to "defensive driving school". It was really just a video I had to watch with a bunch of other lousy drivers. The video showed a bunch of crashes where people were killed because they were going too fast. Most people left for most of it and they didn't even bother keeping track.

Back
Top Bottom