How old are you?

Interesting, only 4 of us are 60 or over.One is 59 so close enough:). 5 out of 32
Looks like many in our age group have thrown in the towel and moved on.
Many here weren't born yet when Petty won his last championship, or some upstart named Earnhardt was named Rookie of the year. It was 1979 btw.

71, I guess I am in the minority, how ever living to see my newest granddaughter be born was worth the journey.:):)

So far 63 members responded with their ages. Here's a breakdown.

Under 20 years of age: 2
20 to 30 years of age: 13
30 to 40 years of age: 8
40 to 50 years of age: 8
50 to 60 years of age: 17
60 to 70 years of age: 11
70 to 80 years of age: 4
Average age: 46

This was done by me, my mathematically challenged brain and my handy online calculator so if you find errors so what.

Last edited:

This was done by me, my mathematically challenged brain and my handy online calculator so if you find errors so what.
What's an error? :)

What I failed to mention was that there are a lot of young kids that log on to this forum that use their parents, grand parents and even great grand parents computers with permission to do so. Even my neighbors 9 and 10 year old daughters get a kick outta looking at the pictures and videos of old races and cars when they come over. That's one reason that I'm glad that they try to keep this place family friendly. It's the only one like it that I've been able to find on the web.

What I failed to mention was that there are a lot of young kids that log on to this forum that use their parents, grand parents and even great grand parents computers with permission to do so. Even my neighbors 9 and 10 year old daughters get a kick outta looking at the pictures and videos of old races and cars when they come over. That's one reason that I'm glad that they try to keep this place family friendly. It's the only one like it that I've been able to find on the web.
Family friendly is good because I leave this site open a lot (The one at NFP ) and my grand daughters use my computer without even asking.
They have 1 thread of girls in stages of undress but nothing nude. The girls usually just kick me off line and go to their own places.

Couldn't help notice the higher number of people between 20 and 30, then a sudden decline only to increase again in later years. In my case, I became a NASCAR fan in 1958 at the age of 22 and followed as much as someone living in New Jersey could follow when races were not broadcast and National Speed Sport News was delivered Thursday with results and articles of the previous weeks events.
Then in my late twenties, got married, bought a business and spend all my time being a husband, business owner and father and racing interest, though still there, was not as much of a priority. This changed again in my mid to late 40's when the children were grown and gone, our businesses had managers and other interests were replaced by racing. So the age-o-graph seems to fit many others and raises the questions of how many find other pursuits in their working years and then rekindle the interest later in time, how many never lose interest and how many are just coming aboard as the numbers increase by age bracket.
Just something to process. Or is it ......

Couldn't help notice the higher number of people between 20 and 30, then a sudden decline only to increase again in later years. In my case, I became a NASCAR fan in 1958 at the age of 22 and followed as much as someone living in New Jersey could follow when races were not broadcast and National Speed Sport News was delivered Thursday with results and articles of the previous weeks events.
Then in my late twenties, got married, bought a business and spend all my time being a husband, business owner and father and racing interest, though still there, was not as much of a priority. This changed again in my mid to late 40's when the children were grown and gone, our businesses had managers and other interests were replaced by racing. So the age-o-graph seems to fit many others and raises the questions of how many find other pursuits in their working years and then rekindle the interest later in time, how many never lose interest and how many are just coming aboard as the numbers increase by age bracket.
I used to go to a local book store and buy NSSN every week to follow all the sprint and midget action across the country. I loved that paper :cheers:

I'm 60....... started watching in 1964 when I was 10 years old..... Wide World of Sports on Sunday afternoon... 2 or 3 15 minute clips of races that happened a couple months ago... Like you.... bought Speed Sport to read everything available...... lost interest in the mid seventies... then was brought back into the fold in '85 by Bill and his brothers....was always diehard FoMoCo and it just pissed me off how the whole field was slanted toward G.M. Bud Moore and the Wood Brothers singlehandedly carried the Blue Oval badge until the Elliotts turned everything on it's ear.

I turned 20 since I last posted in this thread.

Neat idea to compile our demographics like that.

53 IN MY MATH BOOK
I'm from Canada and still do the old math.

Hey, it's -30 here, brain doesn't work well at those temps.

whine-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom