How to be a good Democrat

Originally posted by smack500
I said bush was a lier and a cheat people asked for proof. I posted a couple links people said the links were not acknoledgeable sites. They posted bad things about clinton with no links to back up there statements. I asked for proof on most of them from acknoldgeable sites. None was givin.  

If presidents do bad things they cover most of it up.

http://www.greaterthings.com/News/Clinton_Scandals/

Take your pick.:)

Okay..........now go look at the "sources". You might get a hint why we tend to discount your links.

"Sources" is a link listed on the page you linked us to.......on the left hand side near the bottom.:D

That site is an index.........some knowledgable (note the spelling), some not. You pick whichever you want. Not an advocacy site.

ok lets compare

Clinton site sources

General Overview Sources

Essay: My Experience Fasting and Praying for President Clinton
Books: Year of the Rat : How Bill Clinton Compromised U.S. Security for Chinese Cash, by Edward Timperlake, et al
Lucky Bastard, by Charles McCarry
Billed as a fiction, this fascinating novel is undoubtedly about President Clinton, giving detailed insights into his Marxist grooming and manipulation for the presidency from his college years forward. Gruesome language and portrayals, but thus is the nature of the character being portrayed. -- Sterling Allan [more review]
Blood Sport: The President and His Adversaries, by James B. Stewart (77,859)
This is the story of the Clintons, from their days in Little Rock to their behavior under duress in the White House; their business partners, who swept the Clintons into their real estate empire, then faced financial ruin; and their many political and business allies who have been tarnished by association, including the tragic Vincent Foster. -- Editorial Review at Amazon.com
Betrayal : How the Clinton Administration Undermined American Security; Bill Gertz
High Crimes and Misdemeanors: The Case Against Bill Clinton; Ann H. Coulter
Hell to Pay : The Unfolding Story of Hillary Rodham Clinton; Barbara Olson
Feeling Your Pain : The Explosion and Abuse of Government Power in the Clinton-Gore Years -- James Bovard; Hardcover
The Secret Life of Bill Clinton : The Unreported Stories; Ambrose Evans-Pritchard
No One Left to Lie To: The Triangulations of William Jefferson Clinton; Christopher Hitchens
Unlimited Access : An FBI Agent Inside the Clinton White House; Gary Aldrich, Michael Reagan
For more titles, see Book Catalog: Bill Clinton and His Era

Websites Downside Legacy of President Clinton by Alamo Girl
BeachBum's Clinton Scandal Page

Bush

"Surprise Testimony in Texas: New questions are raised in a politically charged Texas lawsuit", Newsweek, October 30, 2000
"The Funeral Home Flap: Trouble for a Texas Mortician with links to the Bush Family", by Michael Isikoff, Newsweek, August 16, 1999

"Bush Affidavit Refuted", by Janet Elliot, Law News Network, August 16, 1999

"Funeral company hopeful after takeover " By Juan B. Elizondo Jr., Austin American-Statesman, Wednesday, August 18, 1999

"Governor's role questioned in funeral agency oversight: Bush's office rejects call for legislative control", By George Kuempel , The Dallas Morning News, August 8, 1999

"Bush Watch Special: Dubya and The Gravedigger", by Jerry Politex, The Bush Watch Website (ongoing)

Scandal Timeline, Austin Chronicle, ongoing

Insider Deal Sources
"Business associates profit during Bush's term as governor" by R. G. Ratcliffe, Houston Chronicle, August 16, 1998 pA1
"How Bush REALLY Made His Millions", by Jerry Politex, The Bush Watch Web Site, ongoing

"Who is David Edwards?", by Micah Morrison, The Wall Street Journal, March 1, 1995

"The Governor's Sweetheart Deal", by Robert Bryce, The Texas Observer, January 30, 1998

"Bush's Big Score", by Robert Bryce, The Dallas Observer, February 9, 1998

"Bush's Free Ride", by Stuart Eskenazi, Dallas Observer, October 29, 1998

"Good Connections: Family Ties helped fund oil venture that began Bush's business career", by Richard Oppel Jr. and George Kuemple, Dallas Morning News, November 16, 1998

"Whitewashing the Bush Boys", by Stephen Pizzo, Mother Jones, March-April 1994

"Family Value$", by Stephen Pizzo, Mother Jones, September-October 1992

"Diamond Brilliance: Bush mastered art of he deal in building his baseball fortune", by R. G. Ratcliffe, Houston Chronicle, August 16, 1998 pA19

"The Family that Preys Together", by Jack Colhoun, "Covert Action Quarterly, #41, Summer 1992

"Downloading the Bush Files", by Michael King, Texas Observer, November 1998

"State agency official convicted of bribery: She peddled influence for cut of business", by ARMANDO VILLAFRANCA, Houston Chronicle, November 2, 2000

"Tit for tat? How the Texas brothers who secretyly funded attack ads against McCain have made millions managing state money under the Bush administration in Austin," by Joe Conason, Salon.com, March 6, 2000

"Business associates profit during Bush's term as governor" by R. G. Ratcliffe, Houston Chronicle, August 16, 1998 pA1

"Secrecy Cloaks $1.7 billion in UT Investments: Board puts money in funds run by trustees, friends of trustees", by R.G. Ratliffe, The Houston Chronicle, March 20, 1999

"How Bush REALLY Made His Millions", by Jerry Politex, The Bush Watch Web Site, ongoing

"Who is David Edwards?", by Micah Morrison, The Wall Street Journal, March 1, 1995

"The Governor's Sweetheart Deal", by Robert Bryce, The Texas Observer, January 30, 1998

"Bush's Big Score", by Robert Bryce, The Dallas Observer, February 9, 1998

"Downloading the Bush Files", by Michael King, Texas Observer, November 1998

"Richard Rainwater: The invisible man behind one of the year's biggest deals", by John Morthland, Texas Monthly, September 1996

"Auditor Withheld Findings on State Housing Agency", by Craig Flournoy, Dallas Morning News, February 18, 1999

"Capitol Report: Housing Officials Under Fire", Austin American Statesman, February 3, 1999

Sex, Drugs and Rock 'N Roll Sources
"The smut monger's scoop", by Harley Sorenson, San Francisco Examiner, October 30, 2000

"Fortunate Son: George W. Bush and the Making of an American President", by J. H. Hatfield, St. Martin's Press, 1999 (withdrawn)

First Son : George W. Bush and the Bush Family Dynasty, by Bill Minutaglio, Times Books, 1999

Bush denies allegation of '72 drug arrest in book, By Michael Kranish, Boston Globe, 10/20/99 pA10

Bush Adds to Drug Use Statement", Dallas Morning News, August 20, 1999

Busting Bush's Biographer, by Jacob Weisberg, Slate Magazine, Oct. 19, 1999

< a href="http://www.slate.com/code/BallotBox/BallotBox.asp?Show=10/22/99&idMessage=3871">"Fortunate Son Revisited", by Jacob Weisberg, Slate Magazine, Oct. 22, 1999

"Author alleging Bush drug arrest reportedly a felon: He denies being Texas convict, says similar names led to mistake", By Pete Slover, The Dallas Morning News, October 21, 1999

"George W. Bush, the dirt digger" by Jeannette Walls, MSNBC's "The Scoop" gossip column.

GOP insiders have privately confirmed to The Skeleton Closet that Bush hired the private detective, and that he was a very sexy and highly sexed bachelor.

"Bush, looking at D.C., sees a 'sullied process'", Austin American-Statesman, September 16, 1998

"The Sons Also Rise", by Evan Thomas, Newsweek, November 16, 1998 p44-8

The point, smack.........the point? I personally don't care if you like or dislike either man. What are you trying to say? You've stated "independants" are a possible solution.........what "independant"? Show me or tell me someone that is better. I just see arguments presented reflecting your dissatifaction with the system we have in this country........but no real answers as to how things could done that would improve it. I mean ways that are reasonable and not trashing our Constitution. I think that is what most are arguing with you about. There is no doubt in my mind that you have a "libral" leaning in your thinking.......so I can only assume, though you deny it, that you would prefer a Bill Clinton to a George Bush (if you were old to vote).

How about more people with less money getting the chance to run for presidency. have more National viewed debates or talks where all partys can get there points across to all. Also people should research more on whos in the election. Instead of doing, like what 4x pointed out. Voteing for Democrats because your dad did, or voteing for republicans because your mom did.

de, i dont think anybody could prefer a clinton over a bush (lol) forget it, i cant type:p

How about more people with less money getting the chance to run for presidency. have more National viewed debates or talks where all partys can get there points across to all. Also people should research more on whos in the election. Instead of doing, like what 4x pointed out. Voteing for Democrats because your dad did, or voteing for republicans because your mom did.

come on now. dont regress here. who in their right mind would want people with less money in office trying to run our country. i dont want some broke mentallity/victim person running our country that is striving for prosperity. i think you made a mistake, i forgive you;)

And how do you propose a candidate get access to more (or all) the people? Force TV networks to give time to them? Control the cost of air time during political debate? Come on, smack, come up with something.

And, yes, you have a point about what people should do........but are you going force them to do so? You still have not offered any possible solutions. Not even any unreasonable solutions.:)

we could get rid of the whole Democrate and republican system and just let people run all as independants maybe people would pay more atention to everyones views.

theres a unreasonable solution lol

there is no solution, just have to find the person you can count onb the most, which is what is annoying to smack. he will just end up not voting.:p

after all, everyone in politics are twisted a bit or a little to one side. since some people are not solidin their beliefs, they cant vote for anybody

Judas the thing is ALL republicans dont share your your beleifs but Im not getting into all that again.

That is an unreasonable solution, smack.........think there's word for it too. Anarchy.:)

Yes, we would turn into Iraq If all nominees were thought of independent people instead of part of a team where everybody has all the same beliefs.

Now you're gettin it, see now you can be part of the team and we can WIN! you mature everyday and it makes my eyes just well up:bawling:

The only "independant" politician I can name off the top of my head is Jesse "The Body" Ventura.

Is that who you want running our country Smack?

Hail To The Cheif?
ventura_boa.jpg

aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahhaaha
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhahahahhahaha
:p :p :p :ROFLMFAO: :ROFLMFAO: :ROFLMFAO: :ROFLMFAO:

I'll tell ya one thing 4xchampncountin, he'd be a hell of a lot better than Bush..

its a waste of time to argue about this anymore. I have admited over and over most democrats republicans and even yes independents are currupt. I posted a site with sources from fox news, newsweek, wall street journal, texas observer, dallas morning news etc etc etc. and its all just dismissed. I think 2 people have made one post admiting that bush has done "atleast one thing that was wrong". I dont understand it alot of you admit on alot of elections both nominees are currupt in some ways so you pick the one that is LESS EVIL, and you have no problem with that. You dont see nothing wrong with that? Your awnser to the problem is just to vote for the lesser evil and you have no problems with the system staying as it as. Maybe I will never understand it.

Anyway this is my last political/arguementative post for awhile. Good debating all and have a merry christmas. :)

Basically what I ment from most of that is, we have pretty much said everything there is to say about both sides. We still have our same beleifs no point in wasteing anymore time repeating ourselves or getting into anymore trouble. :)

Originally posted by bud_stud
I'll tell ya one thing 4xchampncountin, he'd be a hell of a lot better than Bush..
OK, there goes your credability. No need to ask why you would have such an opinion. I can see another pointless discussion and am choosing to avoid it. But, thanks for playing.:)

its a waste of time to argue about this anymore. I have admited over and over most democrats republicans and even yes independents are currupt. ........ I dont understand it alot of you admit on alot of elections both nominees are currupt in some ways so you pick the one that is LESS EVIL, and you have no problem with that. You dont see nothing wrong with that? Your awnser to the problem is just to vote for the lesser evil and you have no problems with the system staying as it as. Maybe I will never understand it.
Anyway this is my last political/arguementative post for awhile. Good debating all and have a merry christmas. :)

And what do you suggest to change the system for the better??

This is what happens when an independent or member of either party is elected to a political office. They go in with every intention of doing the best job they are capable of doing. No strings attached.
Then they need the programs or projects they want to see get approved passed through a majority vote. To get that majority, compromise must be made.
Now the question is, how much should the politician sacrifice in the way of personal principles to make the compromise and get the majority required to bring about the programs or projects they support???
This is one reason independents do not survive in major political climates. As independents, they cannot muster the majority to get things necessary for thier district no matter how right and necessary they may be. Ergo, they are not re-elected for failing to produce OR, they take the second road and go along, sacrifice thier principles by making a deal in order to get the majority support and suffer the wrath of people like you who think they are corrupt.

This all boils down to a democratic political system that has worked for over two hundred twenty-six years. The art of compromise. IOW, the lesser of two evils.
Riding a white horse is great in theory but it is not the way things work in the real world.
Until someone comes up with a better system of democracy I'll support this one and settle for the lesser of two evils.

everyone is human. i like the way you put that about sacrifices to get things done. this is probably where a lot of the not so good stuff derives from. i didnt say all, i said most:D

Originally posted by Whizzer
And what do you suggest to change the system for the better?? ........................................................................................................................................This all boils down to a democratic political system that has worked for over two hundred twenty-six years. The art of compromise. IOW, the lesser of two evils. &nbsp;
Riding a white horse is great in theory but it is not the way things work in the real world.
Until someone comes up with a better system of democracy I'll support this one and settle for the lesser of two evils.

Extremely well put Whizzer. I believe that is what most here have been trying to say all along. Thanks for making sense of it.:)

Hmmm.........why didn't that word wrap?:(

Why would I say that? Because maybe its the truth... I cant think of one thing Bush has done for us besides put us in a bind with Iraq and N. Korea.. We all know the reason for it..

Whizzer that almost made too much sense. Thanks for your explaination.

Back
Top Bottom