"Huge" NASCAR/ARCA announcement ..

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Not sure what it is, but it's reportedly a big one. My guess is the K&N Series and the ARCA Series are being merged together in some capacity.

Wow.

Not sure how to feel about this one. But it's definitely surprised me.

NASCAR can probably provide a ton of help in promotion/marketing, but hopefully they don't stray too far away from what makes ARCA ARCA.

Guys pile driving each other into each turn? Sorry I had to lol

Will be fascinating to see how the two are merged together... will there be an attempt to rationalize, clean up the overlap???

Maybe ARCA and Trucks become one series?

I assume so they can get a better deal on a network more people get?

The MAVTV deal is great. Every race is on TV now, almost all of them live. On top of that, ARCA races on MAVTV are also available on the Lucas Oil subscription service, so there is an option for people who don't have / can't get MAVTV - unlike Fox Sports and NBC Sports.

In contrast, there hasn't been a live broadcast of a K&N or NASCAR Modified race in years.

The MAVTV deal is great. Every race is on TV now, almost all of them live. On top of that, ARCA races on MAVTV are also available on the Lucas Oil subscription service, so there is an option for people who don't have / can't get MAVTV - unlike Fox Sports and NBC Sports.

It's not great, it needs to be on a better Network. :idunno: I'm not going to pay for that service to just watch ARCA Races, as I'm sure nothing else on it would be worth it to me. They can still get a deal like that but on a network more people get.

It's not great, it needs to be on a better Network. :idunno: I'm not going to pay for that service to just watch ARCA Races, as I'm sure nothing else on it would be worth it to me. They can still get a deal like that but on a network more people get.

If they could get a better deal on a better network, they would.

The K&N and Modified races come on tape delayed in the middle of the afternoon or in overnight hours on a weekday NBCSN. I'll take live, flag-to-flag coverage on MAVTV.

And the Lucas Oil service has tons of racing. Dirt Late Models, SRL Southwest Tour, Off Road, the Chili Bowl and much more.

I hate to see Nascar in charge of anything as they have a poor track record over the last 20 years of providing leadership, direction and formulating and implementing plans that can remotely be called a success. Maybe the ASA can be revived sans Nascar.

There's no way ARCA and K&N stay separate after this right? Like, that's the obvious move here.

Man some of you guys would bitch if the hung you with a NEW rope. I've seen so many say Nascar needs to run more short tracks and maybe even some dirt. They bought a series that does exactly that. Old Cup cars doing best they can on limited money. But since it's Nascar is has to be crapped on. I. Don't. Get. It.

I hate to see Nascar in charge of anything as they have a poor track record over the last 20 years of providing leadership, direction and formulating and implementing plans that can remotely be called a success. Maybe the ASA can be revived sans Nascar.
The Grand-Am/ALMS merger was badly needed and has been a success, and that was also led by Jim France.

I don't know about this one though. It wasn't really "necessary". And the K&N Series aren't really thriving. I'm guessing there will be integration there, but how?

Nascar now owns the three largest stock car series in the U.S. It will be interesting to see what changes, nothing for 2019 they say for the scheduling.

The Grand-Am/ALMS merger was badly needed and has been a success, and that was also led by Jim France.

I don't know about this one though. It wasn't really "necessary". And the K&N Series aren't really thriving. I'm guessing there will be integration there, but how?

It's a shame the K&N Series doesn't get more exposure. The championship showdown between Harrison Burton and Todd Gilliland was amazing last year. The race at New Smyrna back in February was a classic. They have a great schedule, much like ARCA, and visit a variety of different tracks.

Hopefully, ARCA and K&N end up with a unified rules package and each series can be strengthened.

could be some opportunities there for a talented writer eh young sprout?

I would love to cover that series regularly. Unfortunately, they're based predominantly in the midwest so it's hard to even think about going to races. Toledo has been on my wish list for many years.

Nascar now owns the three largest stock car series in the U.S. It will be interesting to see what changes, nothing for 2019 they say for the scheduling.

After this, the biggest series NASCAR doesn't have is the CARS Tour, which is a dual late model series born from the ashes of the old USAR Hooters Pro Cup Series.

Not happy about this one, I liked how ARCA was its own little entity. Now they'll have pit guns, WWE Point system, stages and whatever gimmick they will want to to try for Cup in ARCA I bet. I always thought ARCA was kinda grass rootsy but thats my own opinion.

Fans: “Bring more short tracks to NASCAR”

NASCAR: *Buys ARCA*

wait-good-point_o_1144675.jpg

Back
Top Bottom