Hunting thread

Michfan

Team Owner
Sorry if there is already a thread but I didn't see one. Ruffed grouse (aka partridge) season opens up tomorrow. One of my favorite days of the year. Took Thursday and Friday off for it. Four day weekend booyah

Local lady bagged this this past Saturday. About 10 miles from my home. 310 lb black bear. Her third year of hunting during bow season.

CszQc8mXYAAoNU7.jpg:large

My homemade shooting house. It still looks like this after 6 seasons. 4'X6' with a shingled roof. The floor is 10' off of the ground. I put a forest green base coat on it and held up leafy branches and sprayed other colors to blend in. With the use of a screw gun it comes apart and loads on a utility trailer if I want to move it.

upload_2016-9-28_7-9-37.png

This one is big for down here. It's been there for almost 3 years and I still grin whenever I walk into the room.

upload_2016-9-28_7-12-15.png

Got my hounds fed and the truck loaded up. Gonna turn me loose and try to get a deer on its feet in the morning!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opening day of firearms deer season. Sitting in the blind right now. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy this week off.

Good luck. Killed one opening day but been a pretty slow season for me so far. Seeing a few deer but nothing worth shooting.

I totally misread the title of this thread. I thought it said "Haunting thread" and thought somebody was having problems with the paranormal. Definitely didn't find what I expected when I clicked on it.

Meh...never got into hunting
Kinda the same here. I used to go, but never really got into it. I have little patience and sitting in the woods for hours isn't exactly my cup of tea. My uncle, cousin, and their buddies go hunting in the pasture across from my house and irritate the hell out of me; running up and down the road looking for their dogs, beeping horns and sh!t, out there all hours of the night. They're testing my patience the last week or two.

Had a shooter come in behind my stand chasing does yesterday evening. Too dark to find him in the scope.

Same buck came by chasing a doe today about 30 minutes before dark. Couldn't get him stopped

Wind is supposed to shift tomorrow so I doubt I hunt the same stand unless it lays by the time I get off of work.

I swear this **** drives me to drinking.

Had a shooter come in behind my stand chasing does yesterday evening. Too dark to find him in the scope.

Same buck came by chasing a doe today about 30 minutes before dark. Couldn't get him stopped

Wind is supposed to shift tomorrow so I doubt I hunt the same stand unless it lays by the time I get off of work.

I swear this sh!t drives me to drinking.

I know the feeling. :D

Spent some time this week Quail Hunting in Georgia, just outside Cordele Ga. I have always been partial to wing shooting since I was a kid. Anyway, this location had the most birds on rise I have ever seen in my life. Within one hour of the first hunt we got 3 covies up with 25 plus birds.

On Point, HUP, BIRDS IN THERE

on point 2 12-16.jpg

BIRDS IN THERE!

on point 12-16.jpg

GET'R DONE

the hunt 12-16.jpg

Outstanding flusher dogs and part of the harvest. Between three of us we harvested 39 birds in 4 hours the first afternoon and 18 in 1.5 hours the next morning, we got rained out the rest of the morning. There was a third shooter but, he couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a base fiddle, LOL. I use a Beretta 686 20 gauge over under for birds.

flusher dogs 12-16.jpg

Needless to say we had a large time.

Spent some time this week Quail Hunting in Georgia, just outside Cordele Ga. I have always been partial to wing shooting since I was a kid. Anyway, this location had the most birds on rise I have ever seen in my life. Within one hour of the first hunt we got 3 covies up with 25 plus birds.

View attachment 22532

BIRDS IN THERE!

View attachment 22533

GET'R DONE

View attachment 22534

Outstanding flusher dogs and part of the harvest. Between three of us we harvested 39 birds in 4 hours the first afternoon and 18 in 1.5 hours the next morning, we got rained out the rest of the morning. There was a third shooter but, he couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a base fiddle, LOL. I use a Beretta 686 20 gauge over under for birds.

View attachment 22535

Y'all hunting natural coveys or farm raised birds?

Yalls woods look a lot like ours around here. We have awesome habitat for quail but we also have a major coyote issue. I will say I've seen more birds this year than I ever have. We have some guys that raise birds and turn them loose then come back and hunt them, but that doesn't feel right to me (nothing against those that do).

View attachment 22532

BIRDS IN THERE!

View attachment 22533

GET'R DONE

View attachment 22534

View attachment 22535

Y'all hunting natural coveys or farm raised birds?

Yalls woods look a lot like ours around here. We have awesome habitat for quail but we also have a major coyote issue. I will say I've seen more birds this year than I ever have. We have some guys that raise birds and turn them loose then come back and hunt them, but that doesn't feel right to me (nothing against those that do).

They do early release at the first of October and do not hunt them until December. They really work on the Coyotes and other predators during the year. It has been very dry there this year, as you know, so they put out 5 gallon water stations all over the 2800 acres for the quail to drink from.
Looked like a combination of birds, a lot of the rises flew like wild birds.

Where is this thread located, when I go to the Chit Chat I can not find it. Most of the time when you add to a thread it moves to the top of the list, but, not the Hunting thread? :idunno:

The thread with the most RECENT reply always moves to the top of the list.
If there's not been a reply to your thread since you posted it, and others have been, it moves down the list.

As for why you can't find it, I have no idea. Since it's new, it is on the first page.

The thread with the most RECENT reply always moves to the top of the list.
If there's not been a reply to your thread since you posted it, and others have been, it moves down the list.

As for why you can't find it, I have no idea. Since it's new, it is on the first page.

Is the Hunting thread in Chit Chat?

OK, try this. On the bar just above the Chit-Chat section
You should see Title , then Start Date, then Replies, then Views, then Last Message with an arrow.
Try clicking on Last Message and see if that rearranges things for you

Well for what ever reason, the thread does not move to the top when replied to. On my first page in Chat post 36 minutes ago on :Lisa's fire and the oldest is Nov 14th at the bottom, no Hunt thread on page one, just weird to me.
It's the first thread in chit chat on my computer. :confused:

Well our season came to a close in nc today. I finished the year with 2 deer, my opening day 5pt and a little doe the Sunday after thanksgiving. Could have killed a few more does and let some smaller bucks go.

Our area has been hit with EHD 2 years and a row, and a lot of people around here are relentlessly killing does. Nothing wrong with a couple for meat but trophy hunting will be the downfall of my area. Time to start on my to do list that's been piling up since October.

Back
Top Bottom