Hurricane Dorian

They only thing predictable about hurricanes are they're unpredictable. TWC loves these storms. Armageddon is almost always predicted. One of these times they're bound to make the right call but it looks like it's not this time.

A few computer models are showing that the Continental High may make contact with the Bermuda High. If that happens, Dorian may get caught in the crosshairs and drug across north florida into the gulf.

They only thing predictable about hurricanes are they're unpredictable. TWC loves these storms. Armageddon is almost always predicted. One of these times they're bound to make the right call but it looks like it's not this time.

MSNBC has been live non-stop.

I don't think anyone trusts this hurricane to stay offshore.

A few computer models are showing that the Continental High may make contact with the Bermuda High. If that happens, Dorian may get caught in the crosshairs and drug across north florida into the gulf.
Damn, I wish that I hadn't read this. :eek:

Reactions: sdj
At this point, nothing would surprise me with this storm. :idunno:

Pretty much. I'm not surprised with the track though. These Atlantic storms that threaten Florida almost always end up hitting Wilmington, the Crystal Coast, and Outer Banks instead.

Watching the national news coverage of this is comical. They're playing up Florida as ground zero for some catastrophe.

This is a North Carolina storm, like Matthew. And, like Matthew, the national media won't care when it hits here.

That's what I've noticed. :unsure:

So this is going to be bad. Looks like Dorian is strengthening, moving slower.

Remember, we're still recovering from Florence down here, even if life has returned to normal. We don't need this.

Something about a jeep on a beach.

The driver didn't even own it, apparently.

Soon to appear on a Farmers Insurance commercial.

"Soaked Situation. Seen it. Covered it. Sepember 5th, 2019."

"We are Farmers" dum dum dedumdumdum

Something about a jeep on a beach.

The driver didn't even own it, apparently.

Soon to appear on a Farmers Insurance commercial.
Yeah. Just locked and left. Waves were really moving it around last time I saw it.

The owner's cousin got it stuck and just left it. Wouldn't admit anything until the police showed up at the owner's door. Ooops.

Last edited:

I'm up in Maryland for my niece's birthday, drove up early yesterday morning. That really bad tornado was just a few miles from my house. Power's still out down there. Carteret County got the worst of it, again, from the sounds of it - but it turned just enough to the east to avoid being a historic disaster.

Something I've noticed throughout the week traveling the east coast.....

On Tuesday morning convoys of utility trucks were heading to the southeast to help if needed. As the week had gone on, many have turned around to head back north as they weren't needed.

I'm currently in New Jersey seeing the first rain of the week which I can only guess is storm related.

Back
Top Bottom