Hurricane Florence

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Welp, this looks bad.

204611_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Living on the coast though, I am sure you have been through plenty of tropical storms. Sure it's hard to get use to them, but you kinda know what to expect. It's just like us Kansans and tornadoes. We hate it when warnings are issued but it's nothing we haven't experienced before.
There's a difference between a tropical storm and a category 4 hurricane.

How's the internet?:windows:

I bought a hotspot through AT&T last summer, unlimited data, since I couldn't get **** in Lucama. I still use that, no sense in getting DSL when I have my hotspot. I literally live 100 yards outside of Spectrum's service area because **** me and I hate CenturyLink with a passion.

Really anytime a hurricane makes landfall, I am thankful that I dont live on the coast. Though I am not a beach kind of guy, so I dont think I will ever need to worry about hurricanes

Gonna be on vacation for this one. Praying that I have a house to come back to.

Really anytime a hurricane makes landfall, I am thankful that I dont live on the coast.
I grew up on the coast, 75 feet out the door you were knee deep in a inlet that led directly to the ocean, Just over a tenth of a mile as the crow flies and you were at the ocean.
I was at Forbes when the tornado hit Topeka and you can keep them twisters . Wife is from So Cal and experienced earthquakes. All things considered hurricanes and Nor'easters aren't all that bad. At least we have time to prepare.:)

Nobody in California is worried about earthquakes. :)
We get a decent one every 1/4 century.
The east coast gets mopped every year.

My cousin and her newleywed husband just moved from los angeles to raleigh-durham over summer. Guess is gonna be her first introduction to living in the east.

Been watching the weather updates, it's fluctuating between cat 3 and 4. It's gonna be ugly.
BOAKYAG time

Been watching the weather updates, it's fluctuating between cat 3 and 4. It's gonna be ugly.
BOAKYAG time
I have to work. They won't close unless the roof blows off. Maybe. If we close early Thursday I might head south although they are closing and reversing roads in SC...? Live in a trailer park. Lots of big pine trees. Not a great place to be. We will see.

Jim Cantore is in the Outer Banks. That is NOT a good sign when he shows up in your neighborhood.

Reactions: Pat
Watching the morning news. The storm model shows the hurricane stalling out and moving inland. Record rainfall predicted.

The models keep changing....as of 8 this morning its turned further south. Looks like both NC and SC are going to get nailed. The entire states are going to get inches of rain dropped on them.

local forecast for our area is around 9 inches, but of course that seems to be changing by the hour.

The models keep changing....as of 8 this morning its turned further south. Looks like both NC and SC are going to get nailed. The entire states are going to get inches of rain dropped on them.

local forecast for our area is around 9 inches, but of course that seems to be changing by the hour.

Heard feet, up to 3 feet in some areas

@Go Panthers and @AndyMarquisLive stay safe.

Arent alot of driver's homes in the carolinas as well?

Yes...but a lot of them are well inland near the Charlotte area. They should be fine.

The guy across the street for me drives a truck for one of the teams..he mentioned they are/were leaving either yesterday or this morning to head to vegas. The concern for him was that the teams being able to fly out...but now this system has moved to Sunday for us. for now at least. So that shouldnt' be a problem now.

I live in Myrtle Beach and we are on the verge of getting smacked by Hurricane Florence in a day or two so I wanted to tell everyone else who is on the Coast and Inland In North and South Carolina to be safe and get the hell out. Charles I know you are around Darlington so take care. I've been through this more times then I can count but Im leaving this time and headed to Charlotte and even there will get 5-8 inches of rain and 50 mph winds. Hopefully I can keep up with whats going on at the track and whats going on here too.........weather permitting. See yall soon

Back
Top Bottom