Hurricane Irma

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
It looks like it may be our turn here in Eastern North Carolina to join the hurricane "fun" with our annual hurricane disaster.

That said...

21248183_1457097791004141_9024496961072438146_o.png

There is no way this forecast ends up coming true. A category four or five hurricane hitting North Carolina is as likely to happen as my marriage to Melissa Benoist or Taylor Swift.

We're keeping a close eye on this one. We made plans a year ago to head out for a late summer early fall vacation with some friends of ours at Assateague Island the week of September 10th. We're both towing our 5ers to the area on the 9th and plan on staying the in the Dover, DE area on the 9th before heading to the beach. Those plans look like they may be changing. Probably not going to have a great idea on this storms path until early next week.

This one is looking like it could get to Cat 5.

The whole east coast should be concerned but I'd be definitely making plans if I lived in The Carolinas.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the clarification. Irma is a long way off and lots can happen before a somewhat semi-accurate prediction can be made of where/when it'll hit the US mainland.
I will keep an eye on it for now. I will double check the gas supply for the generator but I'm not really worried about it right now. When and if it gets closer my concern will grow.

Looks like the computer models are starting to come into agreement with the idea of a major hurricane in the Carolinas.

If these forecasts hold, I'll probably evacuate on Thursday.

Weather channel still saying thats its far too soon to talk about a US hit. I'd definitely keep an eye out, but it really is too soon to know anything for certain.

to hell with the tracks taking it eastern canada

Whole house generator.
Well water.
Propane stove.
Plenty of gasoline and propane.
And my neighbors , well, not so prepared.
Let it happen.

Been a while since 2 in a row hit the mainland. Still early, fingers crossed.

Wow...most models have this thing going up ALL of FLORIDA...it enters at the southern tip of the peninsula and just hooks north...that's crazy if that's how it pans out.

Looks like there is a cold front in the gulf that is going to be a brick wall to Irma and steer it due north on contact

Now reporting 180 mph winds with gusts to 220, holy sheit!

This is a hairy, hairy storm. Be safe, southeast.

Buying water and batteries as we speak, seems like we are going to need even more stuff now...

This isn't going to be a pretty one if it makes landfall around here, Polk County is the highest point in Florida, so flooding won't be an issue. Just the wind damage and a dying tree in front of the house is not a good look atm.

get the tree down before it comes down on it's own. Quit buying water and use what's in your taps already. A clean garbage bag lining your empty bin is as clean as any bottle and will hold many gallons.
Amen, Prof. I second this.

If I was a Florida resident, which I'm not, I'd be GONE.
Me, too, Andy.

Back
Top Bottom