Hurricane Season 2018

One thing it means, my brother and his wife may have to cancel their vacation with their children and grandchildren in Destin.

We're supposed to get a lot of rain from this next week. Don't know the track though. Hope it doesn't hit Florida and then skirt the coastline and hit us directly.

One thing it means, my brother and his wife may have to cancel their vacation with their children and grandchildren in Destin.
I'm less than an hour from Destin and along the coast here they're forecasting moderate to heavy rain but not much wind.

Hopefully it will be mostly passed by the time they get there --- later next week.
The Blues will have an open practice on Tues. the 29th. The National Naval Aviation Museum is on base near the viewing area also If they're interested and have time. It's a mostly indoors huge hands on place and a favorite for kids as well as adults. Just a thought.

This reminds me, only 214 shopping days until Christmas!

Weather Channel..... The definition of premature. Ratings must be slipping for that channel is my guess.

Absolutely, I live in Fla. and this over reaction is standard PC now. Scar the crap out of people that can not read a weather map for ratings.

Absolutely, I live in Fla. and this over reaction is standard PC now. Scar the crap out of people that can not read a weather map for ratings.
We're used to that here. I haven't used the weather channel for at least a couple of years now. I tune in to my local station or use Weather Underground

We're used to that here. I haven't used the weather channel for at least a couple of years now. I tune in to my local station or use Weather Underground
I learned long ago that the Weather Channel is for entertainment purposes only.
For hurricane info, I use National Hurricane Center.
Weather Underground is my daily go-to.

They are terribly bored around here in Oklahoma. We haven't had a decent tornado, so any little disturbance means you can't watch an over the air TV program. They break in with the numerous spotters hallucinating wall clouds, and every radar anomaly is a possible take cover alert.
A drought of tornadoes :D phew, glad the drought it over.
‘Tornado drought’ ends in the Plains
"As of right now we are counting it as a tornado," said meteorologist Rick Smith. "We will be gathering information on possible damage and looking at video and images to make a final official determination."

Weather Underground is The Weather Channel.
I'm surprised that I have to explain this but the weather channel is an obnoxious drama queen of a show that's run by idiots. Weather underground on the other hand, no matter who owns it, is a factual website that's data based with zero drama.
The Weather Underground, Inc.

Type
Subsidiary
Founded 1995; 23 years ago
Founder Jeff Masters
Headquarters San Francisco, California, United States
Parent The Weather Company[1]
Website www.wunderground.com
Weather Underground is a commercial weather service providing real-time weather information via the Internet. Weather Underground provides weather reports for most major cities across the world on its website, as well as local weather reports for newspapers and websites. Its information comes from the National Weather Service (NWS), and over 250,000 personal weather stations (PWS). The website is available in many languages, and customers can access an ad-free version of the site with additional features for an annual fee. Weather Underground is owned by The Weather Company, a subsidiary of IBM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_Underground_(weather_service)

I'm surprised that I have to explain this but the weather channel is an obnoxious drama queen of a show that's run by idiots. Weather underground on the other hand, no matter who owns it, is a factual website that's data based with zero drama.

I know what you're saying, just pointing out that it's the same thing.

DIRECTV forced The Weather Channel to double their live weather programming a few years ago and even as late as this February, The Weather Channel was live around the clock with storm coverage. Ever since they were sold earlier this year, they just aren't on the air for major events anymore. Severe storms? Pfft, watch this show about how clouds form instead.

We get tropical storms all the time. Little storms that form off the coast of South Carolina and hit Wilmington or the Outer Banks. Category one hurricanes are frequent too.

They do it all the time here now with snowstorms, we had 3 in march which resulted in about of 3 inches total from them even tho each storm they were calling for 10-18 inches. Of course people panicked, bread and milk was scarce at the local markets! It amazes me with all the technology these days, that weathermen are less accurate than they were back when I was a kid!

I use Weatherbug, have it on my laptop and my phone, gives real time alerts and follows the Nation weather service forecasts pretty much, more accurate than the local guys by far.

Back
Top Bottom