I am a television moron

H

HardScrabble

Due to conficts in scheduling I had no opportunity to watch the BGN yesterday.

As is sat here contemplating my first opportunity to watch the NBC race coverage since Daytona in February, it suddenly dawned on me. I have not the faintest idea which local station or channel is the NBC affilitate.

Now I must go and either surf til I find it or look it up somewhere.:eek:

Originally posted by HardScrabble
Due to conficts in scheduling I had no opportunity to watch the BGN yesterday.

As is sat here contemplating my first opportunity to watch the NBC race coverage since Daytona in February, it suddenly dawned on me. I have not the faintest idea which local station or channel is the NBC affilitate.

Now I must go and either surf til I find it or look it up somewhere.:eek:

HS, don't you have cable or a TV Guide channel??

Cart is on right now on CBS with WC coming on at 2pm.

Unfortunately, the local channels differ so much no matter where you live just because of the assignments given by the powers that be and the individual company you subscribe to.

Kat did you mean Cart is on CBS,and WCUP is comming on NBC at 2.Or is Cart on NBC right now?:)

NBC is usually local channel 4 in major markets. CBS, channel 2 and ABC, channel 7. Cable they can be most any channel though they usually try not to mix it up too much. Markets outside the major markets can anything from odd channels (like 3) to UHF. :)

Originally posted by pbunch
Kat did you mean Cart is on CBS,and WCUP is comming on NBC at 2.Or is Cart on NBC right now?:)

Sorry, pb...that was misleading:eek: :eek:

Cart on CBS now

WC on NBC in a few

Kat you want to hear something funny?I turned it over to Fox by mistake,and you won't believe whats comming on while the race is on.An old Three Stooges Movie.I guess those fox guys found new jobs. :p

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
NBC is usually local channel 4 in major markets.  CBS, channel 2 and ABC, channel 7.  Cable they can be most any channel though they usually try not to mix it up too much.  Markets outside the major markets can anything from odd channels (like 3) to UHF.  :)

Sorry, DE but that is NOT a nationwide thing. In any area, channels are assigned according to the frequency, cable channel preferance.
Here ABC is 3, NBC is 6, and CBS is 9. AND that's going to change for me soon when I switch to digital.
Also, when I lived about 1 mile away a year ago, we had a different cable company and the channel assignments were totally different.
We have NO choice in which cable company we can use.

Kat........I was talking about off air broadcast channel assignments. They are as I stated. You're talking about cable channels.....I said they could be most any channel, but that the cable companies usually don't mix it up too much. There is a reason that they may convert the off air channel to a channel that is not used for broadcast (the frequency transmitted directly off the transmitter antenna) but I won't try to explain that. Your local cable company can use any channel (frequency) they want. The broadcasters can only use the freguency that the FCC assigns. And by tradition (from many years ago) the local, transmitted channel in major markets are CBS.....channel 2, NBC.....channel 4 and ABC.....channel 7.

DE- I understand Frequency and that's why I mentioned it. But it still depends on where you live.
Here Non cable, 2=abc, 5=Fox, 7=cbs and 11=nbc and when I lived in RI it was totally different.

I quit

Originally posted by paul
Here, non cable  

NBC=22  
ABC=40  
CBS=30

Cable:

NBC=5
CBS=3
ABC=4

:D I'm ready to quit this discussion. Bet NYC is CBS = 2, NBC = 4 and ABC =7. NYC is major market. I'm done.

Back
Top Bottom