‘I Am NASCAR’ coming from ‘I Am Athlete’ series

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
Yeah he was on the DJD a couple weeks ago

Dale Jr has established himself as one of, if not the, greatest ambassador for the sport after his limelight career as a driver. Outstanding work IMO.
I have gone from neutral on him to being a huge fan. He knows, respects, and loves this sport, and it shows. Great asset to the sanctioning body.

I have gone from neutral on him to being a huge fan. He knows, respects, and loves this sport, and it shows. Great asset to the sanctioning body.
Never liked him as a driver, but as a person I always thought that he coulda been any one of the guys around the fire shooting the **** while telling lies and stories. I’m glad he decided to publicly add to the sport after retirement rather than fading into private life, which anyone would understand if he did then or even tomorrow.

Taking these superstars who might be skeptical of the spectacle and strapping them into a race car for a few laps is exactly what this sport needs. Exposure leads to expansion.

Great interview. The guys were truly captivated by him speaking about his dad. Loved that.

I've always held the opinion that JR is one of the most genuine, honest, and open individuals I've ever heard speak. Especially someone with his level of celebrity. Could listen to him talk for hours.

I've always held the opinion that JR is one of the most genuine, honest, and open individuals I've ever heard speak. Especially someone with his level of celebrity. Could listen to him talk for hours.
Well said. I agree 100%.

If you are unfamiliar with the I Am Athlete series, that is here.

Here is the episode featuring Bubba Wallace.

He is no Tiger Woods. Only comparison in NASCAR to Tiger we've seen is Jeff Gordon. Both were absolutely dominant in their mid 20s in their sport

He is no Tiger Woods. Only comparison in NASCAR to Tiger we've seen is Jeff Gordon. Both were absolutely dominant in their mid 20s in their sport
Dominant in their mid 20s, signed more endorsements than the sport ever saw previously, helped boom nationwide popularity, inspired the youth movement for their sport, and will go down as a GOAT. Pretty much.

I think the segement with Bubba was great but the title of the episode is a head scratcher. Maybe he will be some day, but not now.

Honestly, I think if the IAA crew did more research into Gordon’s side of the career that brought mainstream popularity to NASCAR, they’d be floored.

Beat me to it @ChexOrWrex . I posted same link on the KB appreciation thread. This was another good listen. I'm checking out the Bubba Wallace episode now.

Beat me to it @ChexOrWrex . I posted same link on the KB appreciation thread. This was another good listen. I'm checking out the Bubba Wallace episode now.
I really enjoyed it too. I wish there were more heated rivalries today to talk about rather than focusing on a rivalry from a decade ago, that’s what NASCAR really needs and the comments from the IAA group showed that too. I hope they get the chance to show off more parts of the sport like the pit crew guys and their roles, since that is absolutely more “athletic” than what the drivers are doing. This coverage for NASCAR is great and I’m looking forward to who the next guest is.

All three IAA episodes were pretty good, with (puts on asbestos suit) the Bubba Wallace one being by far the weakest. The only thing Bubba and Tiger Woods have in common is that they helped bring a more diverse and hip set of fans to the sport. His episode felt mostly like the hosts and Bubba running over and high fiving each other for relatively no reason, followed by Bubba getting yet another glass of bourbon. You could actually see his eyes glazing over in the second half...

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, we now know that KyBu manscapes and Junior goes au naturale. :blink::XXROFL:

All three IAA episodes were pretty good, with (puts on asbestos suit) the Bubba Wallace one being by far the weakest. The only thing Bubba and Tiger Woods have in common is that they helped bring a more diverse and hip set of fans to the sport. His episode felt mostly like the hosts and Bubba running over and high fiving each other for relatively no reason, followed by Bubba getting yet another glass of bourbon. You could actually see his eyes glazing over in the second half...

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, we now know that KyBu manscapes and Junior goes au naturale. :blink::XXROFL:
It's a sponsor thing you got to be able to see Kyle's M&Ms

I think Hamlin is a must for this series. His ties to Jordan brand over the years, his friendship and now business relationship with MJ...would make for great content that I'm sure those guys would be curious to hear about. Might even be able to get His Airness to join.

Back
Top Bottom