I Am Pumped

DUN24

Skeptical of the Spectacle
So my stepfather and I are going to COTA this year for the USGP... it hasn't sunk in yet. I never imagined I'd make it to an F1 race.

Looking for some advice from people who have been to the track or that event.

We have 3 day general admission tickets, will only be there for Sat and Sunday, however.

Where are the best viewing spots? How early do I gotta be setting up on the lawn to spectate from a good spot? Is driving to the track and parking there feasible?? I remember a couple years ago you had to be shuttled in and it was a **** show.

I am ****** stoked.

So my stepfather and I are going to COTA this year for the USGP... it hasn't sunk in yet. I never imagined I'd make it to an F1 race.

Looking for some advice from people who have been to the track or that event.

We have 3 day general admission tickets, will only be there for Sat and Sunday, however.

Where are the best viewing spots? How early do I gotta be setting up on the lawn to spectate from a good spot? Is driving to the track and parking there feasible?? I remember a couple years ago you had to be shuttled in and it was a sh!t show.

I am ****** stoked.

I have always dreamed of attending an F-1 race but will probably never make it :( I am glad you are going though ... let us know how you like it :salute:

I have always dreamed of attending an F-1 race but will probably never make it :( I am glad you are going though ... let us know how you like it :salute:
Hang on to that dream. I thought the same at one point in my life and then there
I was ..... finally standing next to a fence watching several screaming 12 cylinder
F1 cars in Montreal.

Hang on to that dream. I thought the same at one point in my life and then there
I was ..... finally standing next to a fence watching several screaming 12 cylinder
F1 cars in Montreal.

I did manage to make an Indy car race last year though !! you got real lucky to see the 12 cylinder F-1 cars

Ah - Yeah you have to plan logistically to stand in line for the session. It can be a 2 hour ordeal.
But just to meet and see these drivers is really fun.

I'm more curious as to great viewing areas for general admission. I know there is a good spot right behind the esses. I think there is a spot by the stadium complex too.

F1 cars in Montreal.

Best era to watch a race, for sure.

I'm more curious as to great viewing areas for general admission. I know there is a good spot right behind the esses. I think there is a spot by the stadium complex too.
If it were me. I would work the different areas of the track the days prior to the race.
On race day, I would get there at gate open and find a spot in T1. Stay put and see
the start and 1st turn chaos. The race will be over faster than you will know it.
Then I would head straight to the front stretch at the checker drop to watch
the podium fun. I think it should be easy to get to the front stretch from T1.

If it were me. I would work the different areas of the track the days prior to the race.
On race day, I would get there at gate open and find a spot in T1. Stay put and see
the start and 1st turn chaos. The race will be over faster than you will know it.
Then I would head straight to the front stretch at the checker drop to watch
the podium fun. I think it should be easy to get to the front stretch from T1.

I really want to try and watch the race from the turn 12 area. Seems like an epic passing opportunity. Not sure how much ga seating there is there, though

The sound of those engines are so epic. I'm with some of you though, I love racing so any chance I get I'd take up

F1 cars in Montreal.
How was the f1 race? Thinking about going to cota and I live in Georgia so it will be a long trip

How was the f1 race? Thinking about going to cota and I live in Georgia so it will be a long trip
Yeah , I am a GA guy to. My F1 races were 1995 Montreal and the 2000 Inaugural Indy F1 race.
I have not been to COTA yet. Its on the bucket list but kinda low down there. If you are a race fan,
I highly recommend seeing F1 at least once. Run your numbers , but I would do Montreal first before COTA.
Way back it was cheap to fly into Montreal. It was just as if I was in France. Track is gorgeous.

Yeah , I am a GA guy to. My F1 races were 1995 Montreal and the 2000 Inaugural Indy F1 race.
I have not been to COTA yet. Its on the bucket list but kinda low down there. If you are a race fan,
I highly recommend seeing F1 at least once. Run your numbers , but I would do Montreal first before COTA.
Way back it was cheap to fly into Montreal. It was just as if I was in France. Track is gorgeous.
OK thanks for the info

I just looked at Delta. A lot cheaper flying to COTA. 60% or so cheaper.

Just behave on the airplane :p

IMG_3238.PNG

Back
Top Bottom