I can't explain why...

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
Tonight, I will be going to see the broadway show, Hairspray. I might enjoy it but then again, I may not. The wife set this up as a Christmas gift for our daughter and her husband, but included me along with herself. Wish me luck.

I would blame your daughters husband.You know he didn't want to be the only man going.

Post show

I would blame your daughters husband.You know he didn't want to be the only man going.
Actually, Ian would like to go.

I did enjoy the show and there was great music and the kids on stage were great. I didn't know what the story was about so I went in there totally blank. For those who know what the show is about, the person who played the mother was a man and I guess that is the part that John Travolta played in the movie. This guy looked like a woman...a big woman up top...and down below as well. As are most broadway shows/musicals, it would have to be good with a touring company or it wouldn't be doing so well.

Actually, Ian would like to go.

I did enjoy the show and there was great music and the kids on stage were great. I didn't know what the story was about so I went in there totally blank. For those who know what the show is about, the person who played the mother was a man and I guess that is the part that John Travolta played in the movie. This guy looked like a woman...a big woman up top...and down below as well. As are most broadway shows/musicals, it would have to be good with a touring company or it wouldn't be doing so well.

Broadway Shows are usually great. Touring companies and many Universities put on shows which are very good. When we lived in Charlottesville the UVA sponsored shows that were excellent. We would go about twice a year.

Your Man card is now invalid. Don't bother turning it in, it's been voided.

Oh jeez, next thing I know, you'll be calling me a "metrosexual". What can I do to get my card back? I've got a date set for next week to watch all three "Die Hard" movies. Will that help? How about if I threw in all five "Death Wish" movies? :confused:

Oh jeez, next thing I know, you'll be calling me a "metrosexual". What can I do to get my card back? I've got a date set for next week to watch all three "Die Hard" movies. Will that help? How about if I threw in all five "Death Wish" movies? :confused:

Add all the Lethal Weapon movies and I will consider you man carded up again :D
I think it is nice you went with the wife even though it may have not been your first choice of activity :)

Add all the Lethal Weapon movies and I will consider you man carded up again :D
I think it is nice you went with the wife even though it may have not been your first choice of activity :)
Some years ago, I went with the wife to see the movie Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. We went with another couple and the husband of our friend and I were the only males in the theater. I did enjoy that movie, but I would never go see that one without my wife. ;)

Some years ago, I went with the wife to see the movie Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. We went with another couple and the husband of our friend and I were the only males in the theater. I did enjoy that movie, but I would never go see that one without my wife. ;)

Your wife sounds very lucky. Don't know many guys that would go see the Ya~Ya :beerbang:

Your wife sounds very lucky. Don't know many guys that would go see the Ya~Ya :beerbang:
Actually, I consider myself the lucky one in this family. BTW, she is a big race fan and she insists that we never schedule a vacation during our local racing season, April through mid August.

Actually, I consider myself the lucky one in this family. BTW, she is a big race fan and she insists that we never schedule a vacation during our local racing season, April through mid August.

Ah a woman after my own heart. Okay, you are the lucky one :D

Buck, it sounds like you two have something pretty special. My wife and I have pretty different interests in a lot of things. She thinks all sports are really stupid and pointless. I'm a pretty big fan of most major sports. In some ways, I wish she shared more of my interests. At the same time, I'm usually pretty absorbed in whatever sport I'm watching at the time and having to talk while I'm watching gets old even if I like the person who wants to talk.

We have similar interests in tv shows and movies for the most part. We like a lot of the same music, but there is a lot of music that we don't agree on. I don't really think that is all that bad of a thing. It works for us.

Buck, it sounds like you two have something pretty special. My wife and I have pretty different interests in a lot of things. She thinks all sports are really stupid and pointless. I'm a pretty big fan of most major sports. In some ways, I wish she shared more of my interests. At the same time, I'm usually pretty absorbed in whatever sport I'm watching at the time and having to talk while I'm watching gets old even if I like the person who wants to talk.

We have similar interests in tv shows and movies for the most part. We like a lot of the same music, but there is a lot of music that we don't agree on. I don't really think that is all that bad of a thing. It works for us.

Sounds like my wife. She watches some sports (football mostly), and only a very slight interest in Nascar. Our TV viewing is mostly common except for a couple things, as are our movies (except me and my horror flick and her with her classics). But, she's the best wife in the world, and I'm pretty much free to hit races as much as I do.

Your Man card is now invalid. Don't bother turning it in, it's been voided.

I've seen plenty of Broadway shows on different levels of production, and I've enjoyed most of them.

One of my favorites was seeing Cabaret with Teri Hatcher as the lead role. If seeing her prance around on stage in lingerie means my "man card" is invalid, then you might want to check what team you're playing for.

hatcher_cabaret-768216.jpg

Have fun trying to prove your masculinity while watching stuff like this:

rex-grossman-screwed.jpg

:D

Back
Top Bottom