I got a job offer

Whizzer

Gig'em
How about that ???

Last night I got a call from an old friend with a job offer to work on a fishing boat in Florida for the winter.

This friend who was the end result of "downsizing" by Lucent Technology, took his retirement package, moved to Florida, bought a charter fishing boat and called me last night to tell me everything is set. He has the slip at the marina, a connection with several of the hotels in the Fort Meyers area and a list of travel agents in the NYC metropolitan area working on his behalf.

He needs someone to assist on the boat and said I can start out as a mate.

Here's the deal.

We go to Florida the first week in January, and have accomodations at a condo this guys family owns. The rent is off-season rate.

The job consists of driving the van to the various locations, picking up charters for the fishing expeditions. After getting the tourists on the boat, I explain the fishing tackle and safety rules, etc., since many of the people will be first timers and have little knowledge of deep sea fishing.

Once we got into the fishing areas my job is to hustle drinks ( a small charge for each drink ) calm the "Noo Yawkahs", put the lures and the "yucky" bait on the hooks for the candy-a$$ed Yankees from Madison Avenue, make sure the catch gets on board for the photos ( a small charge for the pictures, of course ) and try to what I can so the people have a good time.

Now for the best part. After serving a two year apprenticeship as the "mate" baiting hooks, he says I will become a "master baiter".

So......................... whaddya think ??? Is it a good deal ?????? :rolleyes:

Good deal, Whizzer!

I'm not sure about being this guy's "mate" but if that's what floats your boat........... :lol:

Ft. Meyers is a nice area. The Gulf coast is the better part of Florida, IMO.

Good luck to you and don't get sunburned! :D

Back
Top Bottom