I hate an Android phone

I switched carriers yesterday, from T-Mobile to Spectrum (which uses Verizon towers) and was forced to get a new phone. Which is fine, because my LG G8 was showing signs of age (battery life). I got some cheapo Samsung Galaxy A-whatever, and it's easy to understand why a lot of people hate Android, because a lot of these phones (particularly Samsung) suck right out of the box. BUT, it's soooo easy to customize the interface to your liking.

Got rid of all the Samsung crap, and now I'm very happy. A million times better than my iPhone.

I switched carriers yesterday, from T-Mobile to Spectrum (which uses Verizon towers) and was forced to get a new phone. Which is fine, because my LG G8 was showing signs of age (battery life). I got some cheapo Samsung Galaxy A-whatever, and it's easy to understand why a lot of people hate Android, because a lot of these phones (particularly Samsung) suck right out of the box. BUT, it's soooo easy to customize the interface to your liking.

Got rid of all the Samsung crap, and now I'm very happy. A million times better than my iPhone.
My experiences with Samsung phones have been the opposite but we like what we like. I had Samsung phones for years until that AT&T wench, Lily, talked me into getting an iPhone about a year and a half ago. While I still like Lily, I hate my iPhone. As soon as humanly possible I'll be moving back to the far superior Samsung Galaxy Version Whatever sporting the Android Operating System over the POS iPhone and iOS.

My experiences with Samsung phones have been the opposite but we like what we like. I had Samsung phones for years until that AT&T wench, Lily, talked me into getting an iPhone about a year and a half ago. While I still like Lily, I hate my iPhone. As soon as humanly possible I'll be moving back to the far superior Samsung Galaxy Version Whatever sporting the Android Operating System over the POS iPhone and iOS.

It's mainly the keyboard that annoyed me. I switched to Google's "Gboard" which is my preference. And got rid of all of the Samsung bloatware, but I feel like that's the norm for every brand

It's mainly the keyboard that annoyed me. I switched to Google's "Gboard" which is my preference. And got rid of all of the Samsung bloatware, but I feel like that's the norm for every brand
Keyboards have always been a gripe of mine too. Honestly, I couldn't tell you which one I used with my Samsung phones but I know what I'm currently using on my iPhone is more than infuriating. I used to be someone that pecked at each character when texting, emailing, posting..... whatever. Later I started using the slide method finding it way faster and reliable. Immediately after switching to the iPhone I found that same simple task aggravating. I can hardly complete a sentence on this phone without going back to make corrections.

The bloatware issue seems to exist on every electronic device made these days. Whether it's a new phone, laptop, tablet, watch, you name it, they all come with completely useless applications. It would be nice if you could get a blank slate to work with.

I went through that drill about three weeks ago. I've been on Spectrum for a couple of years. My hardware needs are minimal and the $200 A15 does all I need. It replaced an A45 I damaged irreparably. Configuring the A15 wasn't much trouble because I already knew the drill for scraping off the Samsung and Android bloatware, and had an existing Google account.

Later I started using the slide method finding it way faster and reliable. Immediately after switching to the iPhone I found that same simple task aggravating.
I found the same thing when picking up an Android phone for the first time. I believe this is because you get used to the nuances of each keyboard and it takes a bit of getting used to in order to switch successfully. In other words, once you've learned to slide on Gboard, the same motions on the iPhone slide keyboard will not produce the same result. Gotta tweak your muscle memory. Nowadays, since I have to use both for work, I'm competent at both.

IMG_5033.jpeg

Reactions: sdj
Back
Top Bottom