I have a question!

A

adjfan4ever

This may have been asked earlier and I've just missed it. If so, please forgive me for bringing it up again. Was pondering this Sunday and then again today as I was watching the tape of Sunday's race. The BAM car--Shawna was supposed to be primo for getting a woman driver and she couldn't do much with the car, Ron Hornaday came along and he didn't do much with the car. Everyone said it was crap equipment, Shawna couldn't drive or whatever. Question is how'd D. Cope keep that car up in the top 10 and sometimes the top 5 until he scraped the wall??? Was it a fluke, he's a much better driver or what?

Cope don't need to make reservations for his motorsports hall of fame induction, but he CAN draft. Michigan is a track where most guys run good. Pit strategy helped too.

He's a much better driver than either Ron or Shawna. His experience probably made an impact on the team.......when he said something needed changing and how it should be done, they listened. If BAM is to stay in the Winston Cup, they need to quit running the team as a hobby. So I don't think it was a fluke.:)

Thanks for your input. I've been thinking about that all day long. Obviously, I need more to do or to get a life. LOL Appreciate it.

Originally posted by adjfan4ever
Thanks for your input. I've been thinking about that all day long. Obviously, I need more to do or to get a life. LOL Appreciate it.

What's better to do than think about NASCAR?:D

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2

What's better to do than think about NASCAR?:D

Umm, I can think of a few things...

:fish: :beerchug: :itslove: :drinkA:

Just not all at once...

Ron mighta been a better choice for a short track but Cope brought sponsorship. As for the Mich. thing, pit strategy mostly. Got to remember there are like 5 laps between the time most cars pit. Just about everybody on the lead lap gets to the top ten if not farther up.

it's called pit strategy and track position, that's the only reason why the #49 was running 4th at the end of the race. They kept the car on the lead lap all day (granted there were over 30 cars on the lead lap and that car was one of the last of them) and on one of the final sets of caution, Cope stayed out to try and get a decent finish and get some recognition. Not a bad strategy, but not really all that impressive either. But what Cope is bringing to that team is morale and confidence, so maybe he and BAM can actually do something together.

Putting that car out front earned him a ride for Bristol. Thats a heck of a lot better than an all night wreck special with Shawna...

Cope is also bringing along a small amount of sponsorship dollars, which BAM has not had all season.

Cope did keep it on the lead lap, which is admirable. Of course, those timely cautions helped greatly. He was never a legitimate player for the win or even a top 10.

I wonder if Shawna will ever really drive that car again?

Thanks everyone for the great responses!! I did know that pit strategy was a factor, just didn't seem that the other two drivers could keep the car on the lead lap long enough to keep the pit strategy as an option. Was curious as to why Cope seemed to be able too. Ya'll gave me great answers. Thanks again!!!

Back
Top Bottom