I present to you a different kind of 'deathbedder'

gnomesayin

Team Owner

After Weaver and others protested, Mr. Andrew P. Collins has updated his article thusly:

In real life, dirt track racing goes down all year all over America. Wikipedia calls it “the single most common form of auto racing in the United States,” of course there’s no citation to that statement so I won’t commit to it but it does suggest that this kind of racing is pretty common. Anyway it’s more interesting than just ubiquitous. While dirt track, and circle track racing in general is not growing as fast as some motorsports, like drifting, it has strong holdouts across the country—even as many dirt tracks face closure for various reasons.

Yes, if only the Knoxville Nationals, Chili Bowl, World 100, Dream, Boone Super Nationals, World Finals and countless other events could hope to attain the notoriety of drifting.

https://jalopnik.com/john-travolta-and-shania-twain-are-in-a-movie-about-dir-1831992616

I think he wet the deathbed when his reaction to being told he inaccurately summarized the state of dirt / short track racing was to go to Wikipedia and type in "dirt track racing".

I ****** love watching Jalopnik writers eat ****.

Reactions: sdj
I read that article before he changed it and was like oh that line won't go over well

Back
Top Bottom