I updated my ranking system with some top tier NON Championship runs, Check out the updated data.

jaqua19

Team Owner
And all I can say is that my heart hurts as a Carl Edwards fan...
f38c9dd6155db58220b4c9116de8a784.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

And all I can say is that my heart hurts as a Carl Edwards fan...
f38c9dd6155db58220b4c9116de8a784.jpg

2008 Kyle Busch may be the biggest choke of all time in NASCAR. Dude was unstoppable the first 26 races.

2008 Kyle Busch may be the biggest choke of all time in NASCAR. Dude was unstoppable the first 26 races.

He blew motors and finished dead last the first 2 races of the chase. I don’t see how that’s a choke. Jimmie and Carl were more consistent anyways

He blew motors and finished dead last the first 2 races of the chase. I don’t see how that’s a choke. Jimmie and Carl were more consistent anyways
Yup, and using this formula, Kyles first 26 races gave him a 36.22 rating, which is actually below the performance of the average champion during the last 10 races. Average chase/playoff champion scores a 37.60ish.

As you said, consistency was an issue all year. Even prior to the chase, when I was calculating his score I noticed that he had quite a few bad finishes and of his 17 top tens coming into the chase, 15 of them were top 5's. Not many 6-14th runs..in fact, none. Kyle won a lot of races that year, I just watched the entire season and he did a hell of a job of capitalizing to obtain race wins with cars that weren't necessarily dominant. And the races that he didn't win, he also ran up front as well. But for the other 30% of that stretch, whether it was cuz of a wreck, a bad car, or something else, he had quite a few bad finishes. Dominant during that stretch, but not consistent.

Back
Top Bottom