I want the white and black hats to return to NASCAR

Where are the feuds?

I liked joey vs matt....sport needs more of it...this is not some sort of candy A$$ sport. we need to have stuff like this.
Kez and Kyle is a pretty good current feud.

Generally it's tough to manufacture a feud. Earnhardt and Gordon worked, but it was a feud in name only. It was like the 'romances' in the Hollywood gossip magazines of the '30s and '40s; everyone was in on the joke.

It is not like they can be ordered on demand and there are some inhibitors without any Nascar policing.

- Multi car teams including satiliites. Team owners keeping the boys in line.
-Sponsors don't want to be associated with anything detrimental to their products.

I have enjoyed the fueds but at the end of the day it all starts and ends with good racing. If the racing is good all else works, if not all fails.
I don't think the feuds would be as entertaining today either. Guys like Letarte, Burton, and the Waltrips would feast on the stuff and ruin it with their screaming. It would be to much about the dislike rather than the real time racing at the moment. Let me enjoy it without the hype.

Barney Hall's or Ned Jarrets understated narrative would not wear it to thin.

Barney and Ned didn't need to tell us when drivers were feuding. The drivers involved usually made that clear with on-track actions and off-track statements.

I LOVED it when Tony stewart threw his car in reverse and killed the front of kezs car. (if memory serves)

I LOVED it when Tony stewart threw his car in reverse and killed the front of kezs car. (if memory serves)

I guarantee you demo derby's exist in Canada. They spend like 96.7% of their time slamming into each other in reverse.

I guarantee you demo derby's exist in Canada. They spend like 96.7% of their time slamming into each other in reverse.

YUP they do. but they are not as fast as NASCAR. LOL.

I liked that a star would put his emotions on his sleeve.

What about these white and back hats?
nas-171124mst012_1.jpg

I seem to recall Kez's rookie year in Busch (or whatever it was called during his rookie year) when he managed to piss off most of the Cup field. I recall him getting punted early at the Homestead closer and Hambone asking which lap and did he have it in the pool.

I seem to recall Kez's rookie year in Busch (or whatever it was called during his rookie year) when he managed to piss off most of the Cup field. I recall him getting punted early at the Homestead closer and Hambone asking which lap and did he have it in the pool.
It was only the cowards like Hambone and Carl that made a big effort to try and intimidate Kez.
They recognized that he was going to be a real threat in cup.
I guess Kez being a champion shows the two losers were right.

For me "Joey and Matt" is the worst moment of Kenseth's career, and I like him otherwise. I like a good rivalry, but for me the best rivalries are intense but built on respect. I require hard, difficult racing to be entertained, not villain characters wrecking each other.

None of that is to say that NASCAR wouldn't benefit from the top drivers being a little less chummy with each other.

Bobby Allison had some epic fueds with Richard Petty and Darrell Waltrip.
Then there is the Danica Patrick fueds with David Gilliland and Landon Cassill that fuels the most recent memories.

Bobby Allison had some epic fueds with Richard Petty and Darrell Waltrip.
Then there is the Danica Patrick fueds with David Gilliland and Landon Cassill that fuels the most recent memories.

I think Travis Kvapil got in on some of that, the trials and tribulations of the GT series, the race in a race and who can break out of the top 25's

It was only the cowards like Hambone and Carl that made a big effort to try and intimidate Kez.
I guess Kez being a champion shows the two losers were right.

BINGO!

I don’t mind drivers being mad at each other or having conflict but it is not essential for me. What I like best is when good race teams desire to be the best and burn to win but have respect for opponents. I’m afraid if one driver called another a “bug eyed dummy” these days he would have to go to anger management and sensitivity training.

Where are the feuds?

I liked joey vs matt....sport needs more of it...this is not some sort of candy A$$ sport. we need to have stuff like this.
Well, when those hats come out, many here **** themselves. #BlackHatFan18
No, they just didn't like him.

It is a severe misunderstanding of what 'black hat' or 'heel' means to suggest that Kyle Busch is one. Black hat characters often have more charisma than the 'good guys'. I'll never deny he is a tremendous driver though.

speaking of Nannies, Hamlin's crew should have let Joey whop his ass at Bristol. Instead Hamlin gets out of his car and starts running his mouth about Logano. Would have been a better result for ol Hambone

iu

speaking of Nannies, Hamlin's crew should have let Joey whop his ass at Bristol. Instead Hamlin gets out of his car and starts running his mouth about Logano. Would have been a better result for ol Hambone

iu

Probably so. Not a fan of pics with drivers in stretchers, but whatever turns your crank.

Last year we had Danica vs Ricky, then before that we had Busch vs Driscoll. Slim Pickens this year though .

Slim Pickens was lead actor in the movie, Dr. Strangelove and Blazing Saddles. Otherwise potential NASCAR feuds were, and are, slim pickens.;)

Back
Top Bottom