I wonder what is said.....

Ford 222

Team Owner
Between Kyle and Denny getting their butts handed to them by a satellite team? Doubt Matt gets to be a part of it since he is out of the clique essentially. Even the satellite rook is out performing Gibbs rookie.

Between Kyle and Denny getting their butts handed to them by a satellite team? Doubt Matt gets to be a part of it since he is out of the clique essentially. Even the satellite rook is out performing Gibbs rookie.

I imagine that Matt is still expected to perform ....... as long as he is driving the 20, it wasn't that long ago that he was winning multiple races every year

I remember back when JGR used Hendrick engines and Bobby Labonte had beaten Jeff Gordon for the win. When Jeff was asked for comments after the race he said something like it was tough to lose but really tough to get beaten by your own equipment.

IDK how Kyle and Denny feel about getting whipped by a satellite team 2 time zones away but it has to really bother the higher ups at JGR as there is no earthly reason it should still be taking place. If I had to pick 3 of Kenseth, Kyle, Denny or Truex to wheel my cars Truex would be the odd man out If any of those three guys were in the 78 they would have won 6-8 times already this year, IMO.

I remember back when JGR used Hendrick engines and Bobby Labonte had beaten Jeff Gordon for the win. When Jeff was asked for comments after the race he said something like it was tough to lose but really tough to get beaten by your own equipment.

IDK how Kyle and Denny feel about getting whipped by a satellite team 2 time zones away but it has to really bother the higher ups at JGR as there is no earthly reason it should still be taking place. If I had to pick 3 of Kenseth, Kyle, Denny or Truex to wheel my cars Truex would be the odd man out If any of those three guys were in the 78 they would have won 6-8 times already this year, IMO.

Yeah its crazy how good they are running. Obviously not sharing with JGR....

Between $$$ and age it's an obvious choice to me who the odd man out at JGR is. But I can't imagine it sits well with JGR that the 78 is miles ahead of them.

Kyle is performing strong, but has yet to seal the deal. He'll get his soon.

The rest of JGR is at a loss.

Truth is though if you put the 18 and 78 head to head right now 9 times out of 10 the 78 wins.

I would hazard a guess and say that Kyle, Denny and everybody else over there sits down every week and tries to find a way to scratch out a win over the 78 and the other 35 competitors.

Oprah doesn't attend the Monday meetings.

Truth is though if you put the 18 and 78 head to head right now 9 times out of 10 the 78 wins.
The #78 has a far better setup off the truck week in & week out.

The truth is, if you put Kyle Busch & MTJ in an equal car, 10 out of 10 times Kyle would smoke em.

Cole Pearn & his car chief are the best in the sport, period.

Jr said Matt would have a job next year...will it be at JRM? Let the rampant speculation begin....

I think it is great that smaller teams are more competitive this year. And some of the younger drivers are challenging the old guard. Everything is great!

I imagine that Matt is still expected to perform ....... as long as he is driving the 20, it wasn't that long ago that he was winning multiple races every year
But is his team doing their very best? Did you notice his pit stops were a few 10ths slower?
Same thing for Kyle lately and they spent $10,000 by missing a lug nut on final stop.
I would like to see Nascar encumber every win when the car doesn't pass inspection.
He can do all the burn outs he wants but if that corner of the car is to low, do not pass go,
do not collect the win. In the Xfinity race I think Kyle burned that tire off for that very reason.

But is his team doing their very best? Did you notice his pit stops were a few 10ths slower?
Same thing for Kyle lately and they spent $10,000 by missing a lug nut on final stop.
I would like to see Nascar encumber every win when the car doesn't pass inspection.
He can do all the burn outs he wants but if that corner of the car is to low, do not pass go,
do not collect the win. In the Xfinity race I think Kyle burned that tire off for that very reason.

If any of the teams are not doing their best then its house cleaning time !! Kyle burns the tires off the car whenever he wins ... I have HUGE chunks from his burnouts at PIR

The #78 has a far better setup off the truck week in & week out.

The truth is, if you put Kyle Busch & MTJ in an equal car, 10 out of 10 times Kyle would smoke em.

Cole Pearn & his car chief are the best in the sport, period.
Pretty much. Add Jazzy to the list as well.

The funny thing about the FRR/JGR relationship...FRR has actually been more collaborative than JGR. And more willing. Don't let the little bible verse that Coach Gibbs hands out to people sway your opinion of the rest of the team...JGR is a pretty selfish organization. They have never wanted any sort of "alliance" and only accepted terms to partner with FRR because TRD insisted. The irony of the 78 now eating their lunch is a source of "ironic humor" for many people close to the situation.

But Nascar "said" they are going to get tougher and they may not let those things continue.
Remember when all the drivers went to the roof of their car? Nascar said it ou jump on the roof and you fail inspection its your fault. That stopped that celebration.

I would hazard a guess and say that Kyle, Denny and everybody else over there sits down every week and tries to find a way to scratch out a win over the 78 and the other 35 competitors.

Oprah doesn't attend the Monday meetings.

This.

Toyota, quiet as it is kept is very similar to Nascar in that it is controlled by one person, Toyoda (sorry Rev), and with a swipe of the sword things can change. They control their teams with the separate owners being closer to figure heads than any of the other two manufacturers. Gibbs could become second fiddle in a heartbeat.

Toyota, quiet as it is kept is very similar to Nascar in that it is controlled by one person, Toyoda (sorry Rev), and with a swipe of the sword things can change. They control their teams with the separate owners being closer to figure heads than any of the other two manufacturers. Gibbs could become second fiddle in a heartbeat.

I thought Toyota was a publicly traded company with a board of directors and shareholders. I must have been think of another company.

I know I have been sick of that wana be televangelist and wanted him to go out and pursue his "calling" since Tony left.

I am a MK fan for sure, but, he is damn sure snake bit this year, if it wasn't for bad luck he would not have any.

It is possible that RT is finally reaching his prime in a excellent ride, sure looks like it to me. The last restart and resulting victory yesterday was very impressive.

I heard one of the talking heads say yesterday that Larson passed 54+ cars during the race, so, it seems passing can be done with these cars at this track.

Pretty much. Add Jazzy to the list as well.

The funny thing about the FRR/JGR relationship...FRR has actually been more collaborative than JGR. And more willing. Don't let the little bible verse that Coach Gibbs hands out to people sway your opinion of the rest of the team...JGR is a pretty selfish organization. They have never wanted any sort of "alliance" and only accepted terms to partner with FRR because TRD insisted. The irony of the 78 now eating their lunch is a source of "ironic humor" for many people close to the situation.
JGR is a selfish team? Well color me shocked. Looking at their flagship driver, I'd never had guessed! :sarcasm:

All jokes aside, Im sure all teams are voluntarily selfish at some level.

The last restart and resulting victory yesterday was very impressive.
MTJ can thank Larson for opting to shove him into the corner, rather than create a 3 wide situation going into 1.

JGR is a selfish team? Well color me shocked. Looking at their flagship driver, I'd never had guessed! :sarcasm:

All jokes aside, Im sure all teams are voluntarily selfish at some level.

Same thing happened to Roush when Penske came in. Roush did the same thing. Bad business IMO if they don't give Visser a second team.

Larson is getting smarter as he goes along, better to finish second than wreck out.:booya:
yeah none of the talking heads are talking about Larson running the high line either. He is getting comfortable running different groves.

He's leading the points.

Seems comfortable there as well.
which gives him a 1 in 4 chance of winning the championship..strange..I believe he gets the trophy for being the season points winner..I guess they aren't counting all of the other in that total. Heck if I know.

The way things are going this season, Jones might be happier staying where he is. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing Matt 'demoted' to satellite team.

The way things are going this season, Jones might be happier staying where he is. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing Matt 'demoted' to satellite team.

he is walking into a buzz saw IMO. He will probably get along with Suarez but I don't have any bets on the other two. I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to say they will all be singing kum by ya by the campfire next year.

Back
Top Bottom