"Iceman" loses his cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HardScrabble

Does anyone have a clue what sparked this? I don't recall any incidents between these two drivers worthy of mention.

From the Dallas Morning News reporter Terry Blount:

AVONDALE, Ariz. – Drivers Terry Labonte and Michael Waltrip had an altercation after the race, but neither man would discuss the incident.

Waltrip went to talk to Labonte at Labonte's hauler before Labonte angrily went after Waltrip. Labonte had to be pulled away from Waltrip after chasing him down in the garage area.

Waltrip finished 20th Sunday and Labonte was 26th, but Labonte was a lap behind Waltrip. The two drivers have had several bumping incidents in races this season.

Can I speculate.....Waltrip probably started carrying on about Napa and the Aarons Dream machine and Terry couldn't stand it no more. Having Stocked up on Wheaties, Terry probably figured he could take him.:confused:

Kel

No idea, but it isn't difficult to imagine Mikey's mouth making a stoic guy like Terry lose his cool.

Jayski adds ...

AND For some reason, Michael Waltrip and Terry Labonte, who were running six positions and one lap apart from each other at the end of the race, nearly came to blows in the garage area. They had to be separated just outside Labonte’s team hauler, Waltrip apparently having gone inside to confront Labonte. The source of their mutual anger was not ascertained. One Labonte crewman, when asked what caused the two to clash, said only, “Michael (Waltrip) running his mouth."

Yep, something unusual I would guess.

Mikey has been running his mouth for many years, so there was something more pointed in this exchange I guess.

We will maybe get one side of the story this evening on IWC. Then again the panel might decide to leave the incident unmentioned.

Mikey's new nickname - Jaws JR:madevilla DW should be proud!

No, I'm sure Waltrip will use his position on the TV to make himself look like the hero, how he was picked on by Terry etc etc.

Per usual.

maybe he was just makin fun of terry and he couldnt take it.:rolleyes:

How every other driver hasn't pounded Waltrip into the ground by now is beyond me, it's obvious he isn't well liked at all.

I guess being NASCAR's spokesman has it's advantages...protection.

well, he is probably also 2 feet taller than most too:p
this might be a bit intimidating to a few other guys out there

I think it's his girly-girl haircut that gives him the height advantage. Plus, I dont think anyone is intimidated by him, unless their afraid of being hit on.

By looking at him and listening to him. He talks like a homosexual, and he walks around with limp wrists. Its pretty obvious, if your not in denial.

hmmm, does anybody else think i might be in denial? i just dont see it:eek:

Originally posted by paul
How every other driver hasn't pounded Waltrip into the ground by now is beyond me, it's obvious he isn't well liked at all.  

I guess being NASCAR's spokesman has it's advantages...protection.

Not sure I recall anything which would indicate that Michael has to eat his lunch all by hisself in the garage.

Probably no more liked or disliked than the average driver.

Something that tends to change a lot from week to week for many.

That's because you are a fan of his, and wouldnt want one of your drivers to be gay. I don't care if he is or not, but he really, REALLY talks and acts like a homosexual. Of course you dont see it, you are a fan of his and in denial. :)

Originally posted by HardScrabble
Not sure I recall anything which would indicate that Michael has to eat his lunch all by hisself in the garage.

Probably no more liked or disliked than the average driver.

Something that tends to change a lot from week to week for many.

I never see any drivers congratulating him when he finishes well, no one ever goes up to shake his hand.

The other drivers on the NASCAR show he does don't even listen to him, or roll their eyes when he speaks.

well, i am not really a big fan, but we did meet him and spend some time with him in tennesee. seemed like a great guy to us.:D

I'm sure he was nice to you.

Being gay doesn't make someone a jerk.

You are what we call "ignant".

Hey Ramius, Mikey is a married man with children. The only way I can explain it is he didn't complete puberty (with the voice). And the limp wrist thing is explainable by his animated talking with his hands. (BTW, I'm not a big fan of his either):(

Originally posted by Ramius
I'm sure he was nice to you.

Being gay doesn't make someone a jerk.

You are what we call "ignant".

No reason to call any poster here ignorant no matter how ya spell it. Not welcome not tolerated for long.

Your entire line of attack is borderline, but personal insults to the members goes over the border.

Easy

His thinly veiled homphobia is out of line as well.

Who is he fooling with the, "He can't be gay, he was nice to me" thing...

He may fool whomever he chooses, he did not in any way attack anyone posting here.

Your response was uncalled for.

Originally posted by judas1
well, i am not really a big fan, but we did meet him and spend some time with him in tennesee. seemed like a great guy to us.:D

I don't see where he said he wasn't gay!

I think you better take a step back, dude.

Originally posted by HardScrabble
He may fool whomever he chooses, he did not in any way attack anyone posting here.

Your response was uncalled for.

Are you saying that homophobes aren't ignorant? If someone came in and said "I hate blacks" would I be able to call him ignorant?

wow, glad i checked in, you guys are lookin to wind someone up i can see. i only asked how you knew he was someone wanting both sexes, thought maybe you had or witnessed an experience or something. oh well, blood pressure 100/65. life is good:D

Judas,

You've said to us a few times that you thought Jeff Gordon was a "big ***". Once I even asked you why you thought that and you said because his "voice is skeaky" and he has "lots of colors on his car". Is that "witnessing or experiencing" something, like you want Ramius to do? Hmm...

Ramius,

Best bet is to just ignore those that bother you, same advise can be given to judas.

didnt think i was picking on anyone, just asking questions as i learned from you. tought the change was good?

HS,
Not defending Ramius, but I too use the word Ignorant at times. It is meant as lacking knowledge. If I were to say someone is Stupid then that means they are lacking in the power to absorb knowledge, which is an insult or personal attack. I've been called ignorant many times and have been shown my ignorance, but I haven't taken offense to it yet. I guess it's in the way it's worded and his did seam as an attack.

Originally posted by judas1
didnt think i was picking on anyone, just asking questions as i learned from you. tought the change was good?

You weren't picking on anyone, at all.

I don't give a rat's behind if the whole dang garage walks on the wrong side.

What matters to me is that the drivers and crew who put their lives on the line for my viewing pleasure remain safe, and can go home to their families at the end of the weekend.

Anything else is trifling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom