Id like to see indycars on the Roval in charlotte.

The last open wheel race at Charlotte was tragic

That doesn't seem like a reason to not run there again. NASCAR has come within inches of spectator deaths at Daytona half a dozen times since then. Tethering and other safety technologies have improved since '99, and the cars wouldn't reach the same speeds running the roval.

I would like to see IMSA race there again. BTW Rick Hendrick raced on the track at Charlotte when it was the Camel GT series before it became IMSA.

I would like to see IMSA race there again. BTW Rick Hendrick raced on the track at Charlotte when it was the Camel GT series before it became IMSA.
It was also where Cadillac (and Jeff Gordon) tested their DPi before it was unveiled and anyone knew Gordon would race the Rolex early the next year. And ALMS raced there as recently as maybe 2000.

That said, IMSA's schedule is full and it sounds like IndyCar is targeting Richmond for expansion in 2020 (and rightfully so) so I wouldn't count on it. Much like an potential return to Las Vegas, I think there are also too many bad memories for it to be viable at the moment. The track said earlier in the year they're talking to other series as well but I imagine that would've been someone like PWC, who seem poised to run at Las Vegas Motor Speedway next fall.

Every time I see 'PWC', I immediately think of the accounting firm. I have to remind myself what the initials stand for in terms of racing.

Just a stray thought. Nothing to see here, folks.

Every time I see 'PWC', I immediately think of the accounting firm. I have to remind myself what the initials stand for in terms of racing.

As an accountant myself, same. I have to remember they stylize it "PwC".

I’d like for Indy Car to come back to Chicagoland, Milwaukee or Phoenix before they try another road course.

Also, Personal Water Craft.. Or as I call them, lake lice.

As far as the Roval featuring IndyCar, not nearly enough passing zones for those vehicles I feel.

Back
Top Bottom