If "Inside Winston Cup" was still on today,

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
Which three drivers would you like to hear from on a weekly basis?

For those of you unfamiliar with the show, it ran on TNN and Speed on Mondays. I recall at the time it was about the only magazine show about NASCAR. It was hosted by Allen Bestwick, who did his best to keep the reins pulled in on Ken Schrader, Kenny Wallace, Johnny Benson, Michael Waltrip (who was actually enjoyable), and others as they discussed highlights of the previous race, the upcoming race, etc.

Harvick, Blaney, and Bowyer. A champion, a young gun, and a solid journeyman. Newman if one of the others isn't available for the week.

For those of you unfamiliar with the show, it ran on TNN and Speed on Mondays. I recall at the time it was about the only magazine show about NASCAR. It was hosted by Allen Bestwick, who did his best to keep the reins pulled in on Ken Schrader, Kenny Wallace, Johnny Benson, Michael Waltrip (who was actually enjoyable), and others as they discussed highlights of the previous race, the upcoming race, etc.

Harvick, Blaney, and Bowyer. A champion, a young gun, and a solid journeyman. Newman if one of the others isn't available for the week.
Harvick because he speaks his mind no matter what, Hamlin for the same reason, and Blaney for some humor and a younger presence

I would go Harvick, keselowski, and kurt busch. I enjoy listening to kurt on the race hub show when he is on. Clint bowyer as a special guest every now and then.

Ken Schrader is funny as hell. He was in the pits at Thompson and he was asked to give a thumbs up and that started the story telling. He had us rolling on the ground laughing our asses off, the man has some stories!
If you didn't know he stuck his hand where it shouldn't be at the wrong time and had half his thumb ripped off. Caught between a belt and pulley.

I always liked alan bestwick on it, i like dave despain but never cared for him hosting it. Alan could goof around with them better, and that was the best part of the show. I really do miss it.

I miss trackside as well.

Which drivers would be exempt from fines for any critique of the sport if they’re active drivers? Seems like fines are as frequent as tootsie rolls at a Christmas parade.

I’d be all for Bowyer, Carl Edwards (if he can be found) , and Lagano.

Alan Bestwick, other than Benny Parsons and Ned Jarrett, were the best tv announcers of all-time. Just my .02c

I can see Bowyer in Scharder's role. Bestwick could still do it. I don't think anyone could fill Micky's shoes (he did add something to the show).

funny show. Blaney has a pod cast now its pretty funny too

I'd have to throw in Jimmy Spencer and his cryin' towel in there also, was always funny.

Inside with Danielle Trotta would be a worthy addition.

Reactions: sdj
I actually like the stories between Dale Jr and Kyle Petty and I am usually not a big Kyle fan but together they are pretty funny.Schrader and those two would be a good mix for me.

I would love for this show to come back! One of my favorites as a kid, I would do it like a combo of the past show and Inside the NFL where they’d show cut ups of the race while having the drivers break down what’s happening, them talking about current topics in the sport and then projecting what’s going to happen. I’d have Bestwick host with a current driver (Harvick,) past Champion ( Dale Jarrett. Not debatable he’s one of my favorite analysts) and then a rotating current driver/past driver ( Stewart, Dale Jr, Kyle Petty, Schrader, Ricky Craven, Bowyer, Busch Brothers, Rusty Wallace, Chase Elliott, Blaney, Bubba, Larson, Keselowski and so on). Just keep Mikey and Darrell far far away as possible from this.

Back
Top Bottom