If Money was not an issue....

D

DJFan

Would you pay 6 grand to run take a lap in the car with your favorite driver?? I would!! Great cause too, that is wonderful that they are making themselves available for that fundraiser!

"Maybe it's the Winston Cup championship. Maybe it's the anger-management effort. But Tony Stewart outdrew Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jeff Gordon in a charity auction.
A fan bid $6,400 for the opportunity to ride around the track with Stewart during Sunday's prerace activities.

The winning bid for Earnhardt was $6,250. Gordon and Kyle Petty tied at $5,500 and Bill Elliott commanded $3,500.

The Las Vegas Chapter of Speedway Children's Charities NASCAR driver auction raised $145,720 for the children of southern Nevada. "

That is Awesome that the drivers do that. I am sure the fan will have a memory for a lifetime, but me personally, as much as I love racing, I can think of a lot of other things to spend $6,000 on.
Now money isn't an issue at all, $6,000, no problem, I would do it in a heartbeat.

If money was not an issue, maybe I would be taking a fan for a ride!! :D :D :rolleyes:

Hmmm....maybe not. Who can tell.

Anyways, very nice deal for Speedway Children's Charities. Thumbs up for all who participated!

:cheers:

Originally posted by HardScrabble@Mar 2 2003, 07:01 AM
If money was not an issue, maybe I would be taking a fan for a ride!! :D :D :rolleyes:
If money wasn't an issue...I'd be standing in the pit box for every WC race behind my crew chief, watching my driver compete! :D

If money wasn't an issue, I would have made sure Awsome Bill raised more money than Tony the Tiger and the Bud King combined. Then I would have given Bill some tips on the fast way around Las Vegas Speedway.

Back
Top Bottom