If NASCAR fans think they have it bad...

T

Turn5ive

Check out this thread.

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php/192135-New-Chevy-Aero-Kit/page11

IndyCar is probably the most consistently entertaining major motorsports league in the world but it's a dysfunctional mess. Why?

Because the most dysfunctional people in IndyCar racing are the fans! As an IndyCar fan, I'll say confidently NASCAR's future as top dog in this country is very safe.

"One third of us want the widgets, one third of us don't want the widgets, one third of us bitches because we didn't need the widgets before the split."

I don't think there's any one group of fans more polarized in general than racing fans. Maybe baseball, but that would be it. Doesn't matter if it's NASCAR or IndyCar or IMSA or F1, it seems like when it comes to the direction of the series as a whole than fan base is split up into rival factions with completely different ideas of where to go.

As soon as the kit debuted yesterday I hopped on RACER.com..."Why doesn't it look like a Reynard?", "Why doesn't it look like a Lola?", "It's not even an open wheel car." Smh.

I was amused by the CEO's comments about wanting races not to go against NASCAR races. That leaves Easter, December, and January.

I don't think there's any one group of fans more polarized in general than racing fans. Maybe baseball, but that would be it. Doesn't matter if it's NASCAR or IndyCar or IMSA or F1, it seems like when it comes to the direction of the series as a whole than fan base is split up into rival factions with completely different ideas of where to go.

As soon as the kit debuted yesterday I hopped on RACER.com..."Why doesn't it look like a Reynard?", "Why doesn't it look like a Lola?", "It's not even an open wheel car." Smh.

It looks like the current car but with some random Legos added to different parts of the car.

At least the Indy cars sound like race cars, the 2014 F-1 season just about did me in. I am much more inclined to watch the Indy series now more than ever before, the 2014 season wasnt bad IMO

Back
Top Bottom