if you need a good laugh

The funny thing is, I managed AutoZones for several years. While there were certainly some pretty ignorant people who worked there, they were certainly outnumbered about 1000-1 by ignorant people who shopped there.

It was amazing to me how many people would call with such stupid questions you had to wonder if they were serious or not. Most of the time they were serious.

Like the guy who asked me "Hey, my fuel filter is stuck on the metal lines it is attached to. If I heat it up with a torch, will I be able to get it off then?"

Or the countless morons who put RV Antifreeze in their windshiled washer bottle and were stunned when their windshield got greasy and were really mad at us for it.

Or the idiot who came in screaming about how we gave him the wrong thing earlier. He said he'd been working on cars for 20 years and he knew what the hell a thermostat was and what we sold him wasn't it. One of my employees took a shot and asked him if he wanted a 7 pound thermostat. The guys face lit up and he said "Yeah! This mother ****er knows what I'm talking about!" Jim swapped him a 7 pound radiator cap for the thermostat we had sold him earlier and he went merrily along in his ingorance.

Back
Top Bottom