Indy 500

VaDirt

Dirt Track Fanatic
First caution, Mario Morias' fault. And to say that he was holding his line?:eek2:

Maybe his preferred line was going to be an excursion into the wall. :rolleyes:

Poor Marco! maybe there is something to all that Andretti curse stuff?? I'm also sorry to see Graham Rahal out so early again...

Looks like an awful lot of "Rookie" mistakes, even from the non rookies.

Big mistake by Ryan Hunter Raye & Graham Rahal, Justin Wilson spinning on pit lane. :eek2:

Looks like an awful lot of "Rookie" mistakes, even from the non rookies.
Big mistake by Ryan Hunter Raye & Graham Rahal, Justin Wilson spinning on pit lane.

Absolutely right!
Ryan Briscoe just went backwards FAST. I love the expression "he's a moving chicane"

Darn these guys that should know better losing it hittig the wall all by themselves, :( & Davey Hamilton should know better.

waaaay too many guys hitting the wall and we're not even half way!

WOW! Poor Kanaan! That car hit hard. I'm sooo glad to see he's OK, good thing for SAFER barriers!

Welp due to attrition John Andretti is doing better and better.

Yes I do too TRL, she's a real sweet heart.
I met her out here at Irwindale when she was running the West Series in the taxi cabs. ;)

bad pit mistakes for Franchitti and Meira--I don't believe Vitor went back out!!
I really hope Dixon or Castroneves don't win again.
A lot of 'second-tier' drivers are having good solid runs today.

Damn, that was scary. Amazed that he went right back out on the track. I remeber pre-ethanol days, you couldn't even see the flames.

Damn Vitor Mira and Raphal Matos has hard wreck.

That was a dumb move on the replay.

Hope Vitor ain't hurt, taking long time getting him out of car.

they put Vitor right on a stretcher, that can't be good. I've never seen a car do what his did, slide that way, it looked like the wheels caught on top of the SAFER barrier...

Helio does it again!

Dan Weldon & Danica had a good finish too, they should be happy.

Congrats to Helio!

On a side note, Jack Arute is, and alwasy has been, an intrusive, annoying jackass.:mad:

Glad to see Danica finish 3rd and Paul Tracy 9th, pretty good runs for them both-of course I'd rather see them win... Also, good runs for Loyd (13th) and Fisher (17th).

Helio gets his 3rd win at Indy!

Dan Weldon finished 2nd, Danica 3rd, 4th TJ Bell, 5th Will Power, 6th Scot Dixion, 7th Franchetti, 8th Ed Carpenter, 9th Paul Tracy, 10th Mutoh
Sara Fisher 15th, John Andretti 19th and Milka Duno 20th

Great job Hellio :beerbang:. Alot of great unexpected runs. Townsend Bell 4th, Carpenter 8th, and Tagliani 11th. Poor Vitor he is usualy pretty good at Indy i wish he would of got out of his car after the pit fire. Early Reports say he has extreme back pain but is able to move his limbs.

I wonder if Alex Lloyd's wife had the baby. She was have contractions during the race and wouldn't leave the track!

So many wrecks! I feel so bad for Vitor. :( Get well soon!

Congratulations Helio!! How great is it to see a driver really show his emotions? I doubt anyone will be making fun of Helio for crying. ;)

So many wrecks! I feel so bad for Vitor. :( Get well soon!

Congratulations Helio!! How great is it to see a driver really show his emotions? I doubt anyone will be making fun of Helio for crying. ;)
I told the wife that I hadn't seen so much crying since Jeffy won his first championship. You could tell it was going to be a wet winner's circle by listening to Hellio's words after he crossed the finish line. It was a great scene.

am back everyone. Been a busy weekend working down there. Long days but fun. Yes, that was a great race! I have to say I am so proud of how well Danica did in the race. She got 3rd place which is her highest finish in the race as well as the highest for any female.

And what a job by Helio Castroneves. I was happy he won. It was a very emotional win for him and you could see it down in victory circle that day. Congrats to Helio.

Have to give a kudos to Townsend Bell for finishing 4th. What a great race for him!

Here are the final results for the 93rd Indianapolis 500..

1. #3 Helio Castroneves
2. #4 Dan Wheldon
3. #7 Danica Patrick
4. #8 Townsend Bell
5. #12 Will Power
6. #9 Scott Dixon
7. #10 Dario Franchitti
8. #20 Ed Carpenter
9. #15 Paul Tracy
10. #27 Hideki Mutoh
11. #36 Alex Tagliani
12. #19 Tomas Scheckter