INDY Las Vegas

R

robbybee

Great facility - for NASCAR at least...

The storylines run deep for this one. The two Championship contenders start side-by-side on Row 9, it's Miss Thangs last INDYcar start (unless she chooses to run the 500 next May) and it's the final race before the 2012 rules package kicks in.

I can't wait to hear the Turbos again.

Go Dario! Go Will! Go Kanaan! (1st Pole in nearly 3 years.) Go Danica!

This could be good... :beerbang:

What happened to the 5 drivers from other series thing?

May the best driver take it, i've been to IndyCar races at Vegas & they always put on a great show. I personally think they oughta have a race on the strip & leave the oval to NASCAR but who am I?

I had heard that Scott Speed and Dan Weldon were considering running for the bonus as well as Travis Pastrana and a couple of others. But the only one entered is Wheldon. He must (and will) start last and must win the race to collect the $5 million. I'll bet the odds on that happening are pretty damn long, but Dan has had pretty good success on 1.5 mile ovals...

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110913/IRL/110919943

I had heard that Scott Speed and Dan Weldon were considering running for the bonus as well as Travis Pastrana and a couple of others. But the only one entered is Wheldon. He must (and will) start last and must win the race to collect the $5 million. I'll bet the odds on that happening are pretty damn long, but Dan has had pretty good success on 1.5 mile ovals...

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110913/IRL/110919943

I'm honestly still befuddled as to why the Indy 500 winner doesn't have a regular ride.

They were bringing out a stretcher for someone before the break. Unfortunately ABC didn't even acknowledge that not everyone was out of their cars.

They were bringing out a stretcher for someone before the break. Unfortunately ABC didn't even acknowledge that not everyone was out of their cars.

Whelden I think they just said

ABC shouldn't be showing this.

I have no clue who's involved, except Wheldon, Power and Pippa whoever.

Dario just won another championship.

there is a tarp:( thats never good:(

Tract, Wheldon, Schkter, Hilderbrand, Kimball, Power, Mann, Buddy Rice, James, Llyod all involved in the accident .

Franchitti is the champ
Wheldon wont wint the 5 million dollar championship
Hinchcliff wins the ROY

I sure hope everyone is ok that was one of the worst crashs I ever seen

I sure hope everyone is ok that was one of the worst crashs I ever seen

My heart sank when it happened. It's amazing to think with the speeds they run on the ovals, that this happens as rarely as it does.

Really worried about Wheldon.

After what Tracy said, it sounds like Wheldon is seriously hurt.

Changing tires and they will resume.

Brian Barnhart is an arrogant ass.

I sure hope Wheldon is okay -- although I'm reading on Twitter that there were two drivers seriously hurt.

What an awful crash. They should just pull the plug on this one. I know if I was driving I wouldn't be going back out there.

I for sure wouldn't want to after that that was a horrible crash I not seen anything like that before. I'm not even taking my eyes off this tv right now.

Changing tires and they will resume.

Brian Barnhart is an arrogant ass.

I sure hope Wheldon is okay -- although I'm reading on Twitter that there were two drivers seriously hurt.

What an awful crash. They should just pull the plug on this one. I know if I was driving I wouldn't be going back out there.

So far, Danica's the only one who wants to get back out there.

I for sure wouldn't want to after that that was a horrible crash I not seen anything like that before. I'm not even taking my eyes off this tv right now.

As a fan, i paid to see a race.

As a driver, i'm parked.

Saying Wheldon, Hildebrand, and somebody else.

Sounds like the senior drivers are blaming the young guns. Also sounds like 34 open wheelers is WAYYYY too big a field for a high speed oval.

I am a bit scared if they go back out there it looked like every car that ran into the car ahead of them just got air bourn and drove over the top of the car in front of them.

I am a bit scared if they go back out there it looked like every car that ran into the car ahead of them just got air bourn and drove over the top of the car in front of them.

These cars are flying wings. Doesn't take much to do what wings do.

The open wheel series is not suited for this type of racing. We have seen many times what happens when one driver's front wheel touches the rear wheel of another driver. It's not gonna end well...

With the speeds that they run and the closeness of the racing, it's surprising to me that this type of incident doesn't occur more often.

I can still see Kenny Brack's car taking out 50 yards of catch fence on the backstretch of Texas Motor Speedway. (You can Google it and see the incident if you want) He was quite fortunate to have survived. Still, the severity of his wreck was not sufficient to curtail the Series from scheduling these types of races - and now we are where we are. I guess it's gonna take someone dying (I hope it's not Wheldon) for the Series to understand that racing at 220mph on a 1.5 mile oval in an open wheel racecar is redonkulous...

Back
Top Bottom