Indy midget race

MRM

Team Owner
Heard there is somewhere around 112 entries for the midget race at IMS. Is it going to be on TV anywhere?

I made it to this race once before ---- best racing of the week. Love these speedy little cars.

I assume you mean the year they built a dirt track as a tribute to Tony Stewart. This is shaping up to be a bigger and hopefully regular event. Should be quite a show given the huge field of drivers.

My mistake, then. I went to the midget race at IRP. Kenny Irwin raced --- that's how long ago it was.
Only time I made it to Indy that early in the week.
We saw it at IRP also, can't remember the year. A helluva race and a good time.

Guy about 20 miles from me has restored 2 of them, both Offy powered.
midget.1.7.jpg

One has a paint scheme similar to this, the other is red/white

Track looks pretty small (in a good way) and almost flat at that point in the build. nice. I think it was Bell who said he knew of the builders and had raced on their tracks. He said they were top notch.
Ruh-roh advantage Bell ! LOL!

Dl8925gWwAIpr52.jpg:large

DRIVEN2SAVELIVES BC39
When: Wednesday and Thursday

Where: Indianapolis Motor Speedway, inside Turn 3

Tickets: $20-$65. Go to www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/events/usac/buy-tickets/ticket-prices for more information.

Schedule:

WEDNESDAY

4 p.m.: Gates open

5 p.m.: Hot Lap Sessions

7:15 p.m.: Heat Races

9 p.m.: The Stoops Pursuit Race

THURSDAY

4 p.m.: Gates open

5 p.m.: Hot Lap Sessions

6 p.m.: Qualifying Races

7:45 p.m.: Main Races

9:30 p.m.: Driven2SaveLives BC39 Feature Race

glad that NBCSN picked it up, not excited about a one hour recap, no telling how that will turn out, hope it is for all of the "A" feature and a bit about the bad luck of some of the favorites, but I'm not paying the ransom money to speedshift, 40 bucks for two days isn't that bad though. Hell of a lot cheaper than the Chili Bowl..

I had to look up what Landon grew up racing to try and figure out how this was going to go. He has a championship on dirt in go karts....when he was 11.

Hopefully the weather works out better next year. They're doing their best under bad conditions, but it's going to piss some off cutting the program short like that.

Back
Top Bottom