IndyCar: 2021 Big Machine Spiked Coolers Grand Prix (Indianapolis)

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
28 cars are entered this week, largest field outside the Indy 500 since 2011.
Lungaard makes his IndyCar début in the 45, Top Gun Racing returns with RC Enerson.

1628778209785.png

Alex Albon will be in attendance this weekend.

Jimmie also said he has six or seven guys on the NASCAR side that want to come check out the paddock.

Lundgaard looks good.

Young man has a lot of talent, but we'll see once race day comes about. I'm excited for him though, especially with rumors of Sato possibly stepping down, this maybe the next step for him. Especially with the backlog of Alpine drivers.

Top five within half a tenth. What a session.

Palou is starting to get to some of these guys with how consistent he is. Can’t remember Dixon spinning in qualifying before and Josef has given as many pissed off interviews this season as I can remember.

Lundgaard was really impressive all day.

Lundgaard’s gonna have a nice opportunity to go out and chase O’Ward on reds at the start.

Race has been trash thus far. No passing on track that I’ve seen.

You compare F1 to Indy in terms of racing?

Indy is more comparable to NASCAR in turns of actual racing and passing.
In raw passing volume it’s probably NASCAR > IndyCar > F1

Grosjean passed O’Ward for the last podium spot and no one saw it on TV because they went from full screen commercial to a Rutledge interview. Brutal.

You compare F1 to Indy in terms of racing?

Indy is more comparable to NASCAR in turns of actual racing and passing.
There are no trash races in IndyCar.
In raw passing volume it’s probably NASCAR > IndyCar > F1

Grosjean passed O’Ward for the last podium spot and no one saw it on TV because they went from full screen commercial to a Rutledge interview. Brutal.
Yeah, most of the overtakes have been during commercials.

Didn't the team say they had a problem giving him full power but would othewise be ok if they kept it in some other mode? Then they decided to give Palou full beans at the end.

This was written in the cards. What they did expect? Guy was doing fine in 7th or 6th in the lower power mode so I guess greed won in the end.

If Grosjean can stay close enough to get the tow he had on Colton on the last restart this is going to get interesting.

Didn't the team say they had a problem giving him full power but would othewise be ok if they kept it in some other mode? Then they decided to give Palou full beans at the end.

This was written in the cards. What they did expect? Guy was doing fine in 7th or 6th in the lower power mode so I guess greed won in the end.
Idk if they’ve just had poor luck or what. They had to take a grid drop last week at Nashville for an engine change too. It didn’t even last two races?

I generally like Power, but he drove like such a clown last week that I'm torn on whether to root for him this week or not. I feel like he's got what he needs to hold on though.

Romain is gonna have a good shot at winning ROTY despite missing the 500 and Texas double. He should only be a handful of points back of Scottie now.

Feel pretty bad for Palou because he had another flawless drive going. Dixon couldn’t capitalize and sunk at the end because he was stuck on blacks, but Pato is pretty damn close on points now.

Back
Top Bottom