IndyCar: 2021 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg

lol the guys in the booth trying their hardest not to make Rossi sound like a chump compared to Herta.

O’ward 19th? What happened there?

They were talking about him maybe finishing in the top 10. Welp

He wanted everyone to take a picture that was around him. I overheard him say, "It's just great to take photos again with all of you."

You can tell he missed embracing fans, like I'm not easily star struck, but one of my childhood idols in racing to meet him was awesome.

Just fortunate to meet him because you never know when it will be his turn or even my turn to leave this place.
He gave some quotes this past week on dealing with loneliness over the past year or so with not being able to see people, Dee Ann and John no longer around and then Aldo passing just a few months ago. I think there’s nowhere else he’d rather be right now, glad you got to meet him.

Tough times for Jimmie ahead.
JJ had good pace, too. Like 15th place pace, just has to put it together.

He's getting better, but these cars and this track is unforgiving. No room for error.
Indy will be a good measuring stick, starting at our Barber and St. Pete with a high-speed grippy track and slick concrete canyon is a tough way to try to get up to speed. I think he locked up three or four times at Turn 10 in one stint alone.

Glad there wasn’t any sourpuss stuff between Rahal and Rossi. I didn’t really think that nor the Sato/Hinch incident were that egregious, just hard racing and things lined up just well enough to take a tire down.

Not sure I’ve seen anyone at St. Pete pass as many cars at one spot as Power did at Turn 10 today.

48 to 49 minutes at 186 BPM, two hours with a heart rate over 150 BPM... Insane fitness levels shown again here:

Ambient temp was the highest in 10 years. And that was with Daly running the intake scoop too (not sure why that’s even optional). Rinus didn’t run it so I wonder how he felt.

I won’t be sad to see this in mid-March again next year.

Ambient temp was the highest in 10 years. And that was with Daly running the intake scoop too (not sure why that’s even optional). Rinus didn’t run it so I wonder how he felt.

I won’t be sad to see this in mid-March again next year.
Man, it was humid.

I had to switch jerseys at the end of the race because I had sweat so much while there yesterday. Having that mask on the majority of the time did not help either. I drank maybe about a good 2-3 liters of water while there, it was no joke. People were passing out, there was a young man right next to the fence with me who passed out all of a sudden. His grandfather rushed to get medical assistance.

Florida is no joke, make sure you enjoy yourselves, however bring plenty of water to the events.

Smart of you downing all the water as that makes a huge difference. I forgot about the mask situation.

Your picture with Mario reminded me of my dislike of him all the years he raced. Part of it was because I was an AJ Foyt fan and the Unsers so that would explain part of it. Since he's retired I really like him and when crossing paths at the Portland race he's always friendly when I say hello. Never thought I'd see this day.

Back
Top Bottom