LongBeach2017.png

LongBeach.png

LongBeach.jpg

Friday:
Practice 1 (1-1:45 PM Eastern)
Practice 2 (5-5:45 PM, NBCSN)

Saturday:
Practice 3 (1:45-2:30 PM)
Qualifying (6:30-7:45 PM) (7:30-9 PM, NBCSN delay)

Sunday:
Warmup (12-12:30 PM)
Race (4-7 PM, NBCSN)

Practice/Qualifying stream: http://racecontrol.indycar.com/

I'm pretty sure Phoenix would've remained in last week's spot this year if it weren't for the Final Four.

Still too many gaps in the schedule, but I guess that's why I love the series so much.

Wait a month and see IndyCar on TV, all of my attention goes to it.

3 day tickets are not that bad.... if I weren't scrambling to find a new pad by 5/1, I might be going. Always a different excuse every year.....

Still too many gaps in the schedule, but I guess that's why I love the series so much.

Wait a month and see IndyCar on TV, all of my attention goes to it.
Agreed; need one or two more to fill out the spring portion of the schedule.

3 day tickets are not that bad.... if I weren't scrambling to find a new pad by 5/1, I might be going. Always a different excuse every year.....
I hear ya. Don't know what I'm doing after this month myself.

I still hate IndyCar's schedule...

It makes no damn sense, still.
Your statement would seem to imply there are some touring racing series whose schedules do make sense. If that's the case, would you name one? As far as I can tell, most of them are put together with a Ouija board as guided by Jack Daniels and Jose Quervo.

Our race shop is just around the corner from the Long Beach Grand Prix and I'm going Fri and Sat. I had tickets right on the start finish line for the Nascar race at Fontana a couple of weeks ago, and damn if I didn't get tickets on the start finish line at Long Beach.:)

Also, this could be a pretty big deal:
A meeting between IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship team owner Wayne Taylor and the Verizon IndyCar Series is believed to have taken place on Friday at Long Beach. The Cadillac DPi-V.R entrant, whose team leads the Prototype championship after winning the season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona and Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, was tight-lipped on the topic and declined to comment when asked by RACER.
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/139404-long-beach-indycar-notebook-139404

Old man Helio with the new track record and the pole.

Pageneud got screwed out of Q2

Huh. Wayne going open-wheeling? Chevy, I assume.
I've always seen rumors that he was interested in some capacity but never anything really substantial. I think he has some sort of affiliation with a USF2000 squad and is/was Ryan Briscoe's manager but not much beyond that until Ricky tested with Penske back in February.

From qualifying yesterday:

And JR during morning warmup:

Also, the PWC race should be shown on a tape delay at 2:30 PM Eastern on CBSSN.

Huh. Wayne going open-wheeling? Chevy, I assume.

Jordan Taylor in an Indycar would be epic.

The most noteworthy thing I see in qualifying is alexander Rossi's best ever qualifying, in fifth. He was smooth and consistant last year, but now he's also found some pace.

......aaaaand I just realized this race isn't recording fml.

NBCSports Live Extra always has the full replay of the race.

Dude that's so clutch. I was going through my guide looking for a replay. Usually there is an upload on YT as well. I guess I've got some ways to watch the first half.

That Diabetes money tho.

Chip needs to get rid of him, let him walk. Get another driver, its time.
He can actually be decent when he keeps his head on straight but he honestly tears up more stuff than Sato. And often not his own.

He can actually be decent when he keeps his head on straight but he honestly tears up more stuff than Sato. And often not his own.

Like three-four years ago?

He can be and I like his aggressiveness, but damn the guy does too damn much too soon in a race or over does things... Charlie is fast when he's on, but Chip has to be just rolling his eyes at this point, its getting ridiculous.

Like three-four years ago?

He can be and I like his aggressiveness, but damn the guy does too damn much too soon in a race or over does things... Charlie is fast when he's on, but Chip has to be just rolling his eyes at this point, its getting ridiculous.
Yeah, for a period of time he could actually get on the podium every once in a while and that Mid-Ohio drive was something else. Chip oughta give him a talking to because he's been pretty wild over the past year or so.

So you can bob and weave all over the track while defending if you drive for CGR? Power got penalized for way less at Pocono two years ago.

Great victory lane. Winner and Car Owner both warriors that have paid the price. Very happy for them. A beautiful GF in victory lane.

Hawt Verizon girls in the background.
In form adhering hot pants, hot enough to be more more like fire pants than the disappointing firesuits.

Back
Top Bottom