IndyCar: ABC Supply 500

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Pocono2017.png

PoconoRaceway.png

150823ICSPoconoStart_BKelley.jpg

FEjlMxe.png

Wow, that's something you don't see everyday, Helio destroyed his car in quali.
Snapped it in T1 and in the wall it went , hard. He is ok.

Wow, that's something you don't see everyday, Helio destroyed his car in quali.
Snapped it in T1 and in the wall it went , hard. He is ok.
Only one practice session and qualifying so far but some major incidents already...RHR just had a big one too.

Wouldn't be surprised if he were out for a while, looked like he wasn't gonna be walking very far on his own.

Just saw the replay, I'm definitely praying for RHR man. That was a nasty shunt.

Sato is still a madman btw. How he controlled that understeer... I really do not know he managed to keep his car from the wall.

That RHR left leg did not look good since he really could not put pressure on it. Hoping for the best.
Pocono can really bites these Indy cars. Justin Wilson memory still too fresh from 2 years ago.

Qualifying was scary as ****. I hope everyone stays safe today.

Oval racing is always scary...........that's part of why we like it. I still don't think what we have now is unreasonably dangerous, but you can certainly have a big accident.

The good news is that after that kind of accident Hunter Reay is going to be on the grid. We don't yet know if he can physically endure the entire race, but the point is he took a monumental hit and is in the car the next day. Add to that they are having a hard time keeping Bourdais out of the car after his epic shunt, and that suggests these cars are really, really safe, or at least as safe as a 230mph open top car can be.

We know Hunter Reay has a good set up, so after a stop or two to dial the back up car in he should be right in the fight. I know who I am rooting for today.

After Sport1 has already brought NASCAR back to Free-TV in Germany, today's IndyCar race will be televised live as well, the first time IndyCar will be on Free-TV since 2007.
Unfortunately this is probably the only IndyCar race they are gonna show this year because they want to advertise their Pay-TV channel Sport1 US.

Add to bucket list : See start of Indy car race at Pocono LIVE ! Wow.

AA came to play today and Rahal is once again close to them.

This race has been really fun to watch.

Very, very fun race. Bummed Newgarden couldn't make the pass in the end.

I was really rooting for the 15. Graham Rahal's crew dropped the ball bigtime today. 2 or 3 9+ second green flag pit stops are not going to cut it. That particular car seemed extra **** in traffic, too.

They need more of both.
Another road course and maybe two more ovals would be ideal in my book. They have to be the right type of oval though, preferably flatter or an abrasive surface. No smooth, high-banked ovals. Something like New Hampshire and Fontana. But it's hard to make the ovals work financially.

Another road course and maybe two more ovals would be ideal in my book. They have to be the right type of oval though, preferably flatter or an abrasive surface. No smooth, high-banked ovals. Something like New Hampshire and Fontana. But it's hard to make the ovals work financially.

Daytona Road Course and Richmond again. Yesssss

Back
Top Bottom