IndyCar Advisory Committee Set

D

DanicaFan

The IndyCar Series Advisory Committee has been seated. They are chosen to sit down and review, research, and recommend a new chassis and engine to the IndyCar league. A recommendation is expected by June 1st of this year and that decision could take effect for the 2012 season..

The chassis proposals have been put forth by BAT Engineering, Dallara, Delta Wing, Lola, and Swift Engineering.

The goal of the committe is to have the safety, competition, industry relevance(location), and cost the key to the future chassis and engine.

The committe is chaired by retired US Air Force General William R. Looney III. The following members of the committee are..

Brian Barnhart
Tony Cotman
Gil De Ferran
Eddie Gossage
Rick Long
Tony Purnell
Neil Ressler

This committee will start the process and will ask for feedback from drivers, both current and past, and fans for recommendations for the future chassis and engine.

The IndyCar Series Advisory Committee has been seated. They are chosen to sit down and review, research, and recommend a new chassis and engine to the IndyCar league. A recommendation is expected by June 1st of this year and that decision could take effect for the 2012 season..

The chassis proposals have been put forth by BAT Engineering, Dallara, Delta Wing, Lola, and Swift Engineering.

The goal of the committe is to have the safety, competition, industry relevance(location), and cost the key to the future chassis and engine.

The committe is chaired by retired US Air Force General William R. Looney III. The following members of the committee are..

Brian Barnhart
Tony Cotman
Gil De Ferran
Eddie Gossage
Rick Long
Tony Purnell
Neil Ressler

This committee will start the process and will ask for feedback from drivers, both current and past, and fans for recommendations for the future chassis and engine.

Interesting group. At least it's not made up of all current car owners, so maybe it won't become another CART fiasco.

Funny, when I heard Gen Looney's name, I remember him as the commander of the Air Combat Command when I was in the USAF before retiring. Stationed at Langley with him...

Back
Top Bottom