IndyCar at Barber 2014

KevinWI

Oldest Operating Motor Speedway In The World
Looks like they are waiting for the rain to let up before starting the race.

As I recall, with the new tire package, Firestone has a wet tire, but it's more of an intermediate tire and not a full wet tire like Formula Uno.

Pouring rain at a beautiful natural terrain road course.... people waiting around for something to happen, blah, getting flashbacks to Road America.

Barber looks like a golf course that happens to have a race track running through it.

Guess I'll watch the NASCAR race I missed last night while waiting not-so-patiently for the rain to clear.

Bourdais is hateable but I think he would win a lot of races in a Ganassi/Penske car.

It's raining pretty hard there. But, that is a beautiful place wet or dry.

Trying to dry a road course..lol good luck with that

So, that spray...it's certainly something. It is a thing. Yes.

I didn't know how I'd react if Montoya had a strong run, especially this early in the season. I'm totally intrigued, though.

I don't know if the broadcast noted this (hopefully they did, but I've been in and out during the bountiful cautions) but the teams aren't required to use the black tires as a result of the wet start. Saavedra is in a good spot.

Everyone I have mentioned in this thread has been immediately jinxed. I'll just sit over here in the corner.

lol Saavedra's team had him pit under green rather than a lap or two before under yellow? Dumb.

I don't see what all the hubbub is for NBC. Isn't bad, but isn't exactly wonderful like Andy keeps piping about. They haven't shown a lot of the passes today I feel.

I don't see what all the hubbub is for NBC. Isn't bad, but isn't exactly wonderful like Andy keeps piping about. They haven't shown a lot of the passes today I feel.
Probably have to cram more commercials into a smaller window since there's a time limit now.

I don't think there's time for a restart after this caution, but if there is, then my acknowledgment that this isn't interesting jinxed Aleshin into making it interesting.

Wow!! Did you see those rooster tails!!? How could anyone see in all of that? Let alone drive in it? But it was a pretty good race. Glad to see that Marco did so well. Although, I would have liked to see him win.

All these cars on slicks, what could POSSIBLY go wrong?
When I was in St. Pete at the race there, some of the tires had tread on them. I think the tires that they refer to as "rain tires" do have tread on them. Someone might correct me if I am wrong though.............

When I was in St. Pete at the race there, some of the tires had tread on them. I think the tires that they refer to as "rain tires" do have tread on them. Someone might correct me if I am wrong though.............

Yeah, they started on wets, but there was a stage in the race where most teams had switched to reds after a caution but there were still damp spots on the track. That was about the time Juan Pablo Montoya examined the gravel trap and we got the first whiff of my jinx powers yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom