FLRacingFan

Team Owner
...presented by Valvoline. What a mouthful. o_O

Gateway2017.png

GatewayMotorsportsPark.png

WKuhnDSC_0458.jpg

3JQ3Cvc.png

Gateway Motorsports Park Expects Solid Crowd For IndyCar's Return

Gateway Motorsports Park is expecting a relatively strong crowd of about 35,000 for this weekend’s Verizon IndyCar Series Bommarito 500, the St. Louis-area track’s first IndyCar race in 15 years. Track Exec VP & GM Chris Blair said suites for Saturday night’s race are sold out, with Gateway on track to sell out of its reserved seating -- about 22,000 seats in the 40,000-seat grandstand. Blair: “You always want more, but for a first-year event, we’re pretty happy with that.”

Missouri-based Bommarito Automotive Group is activating the entitlement in multiple ways. It had a local charity event earlier in the week and has a media buy with NBCSN for the race. The track is directing fans wanting to use the official race app to download Bommarito’s app, which includes the IndyCar schedule and news. The entitlement deal is for multiple years and in the mid-six figures annually, according to a source.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Closing-Bell/2017/08/25/Gateway.aspx

Really pumped up for this. I was real close to ordering tickets but decided not to. It looked like on the ticket chart they had quite a few sold seats.

Looking forward to the race tonight. St Louis has a lot of car people and there also is a GM assembly truck plant not far out of St Louis. It should be well attended.

Wowwwwww

Glad Will Power is alright.

Looks like a tight track for the Indy Cars to be running on.

I'm looking forward to these aero kits going away. I don't know why the RC/SC stuff is used at places like Phoenix and Gateway anyways.

They straight pulled Kanaan out? Damn to be a fly on the wall...

Weird sh!t going on. They pulled Chilton last week too. They're both gone for sure after this year.

TK getting ousted by the sport is pretty damn sour. It is what it is I guess.

**** that sucks for Graham.....

He took the damn hose for a lap around the track in Fontana and received no penalty. Indy gonna Indy

The place is jam packed. Awesome.

That was very cool to see St. Louis support it so well. Just watched a recording of the race. So-so racing overall with some strong highlights, like Newgarden's crazy bold pass for the lead.

I'm looking forward to these aero kits going away. I don't know why the RC/SC stuff is used at places like Phoenix and Gateway anyways.

Yes, definitely ready for the sleeker look.

Helio's never gonna win a title, is he.

Doesn't look very good right now but anything can happen with the goofy double points. Newgarden has found his groove and his going to be difficult to stop. I think it's comfortably going to come down to him and Dixon in end.

Man, is Dixon tenacious as hell or what? If Newgarden and Pagenaud had had a little harder hit he could have very easily won a race everyone had already counted him out of. That's why I'm not going to be against him winning the title. He's come from further back and won it before.

Generally I enjoyed the race. It was a big success for Indycar and they have needed one for awhile. The action was a little too much at first and even before they had one green flag lap we had four cars essentially out of the race in two separate incidents. Such an ominous start suggested to me it was going to be a Twilight Zone affair, but once they got rolling it all settled down. It looked like it was really hard to pass, but we still saw some good ones, especially Newgarden giving Pagenaud a little hip check.

Speaking of which, I knew we would eventually see this side of Pagenaud. I've dealt with the French a lot and they are simply pissy losers. Pagenaud has raced and defended extremely aggressively all year, but he gets all pissy when someone gives it back to him. You know, do you want to race hard or not? Sure, it was a borderline crazy move, but remember Simon rammed his own teammate (Power) on the way to winning the title last year. It's ok as log as you're the winner, right Simon?

Still, I'm betting Roger has already set them straight. You had better believe it will be all smiles and sunshine between those two at the next race. I've actually seen Roger break up a scuffle (Sebring 1971) between his crew and the Gulf Wyer crew simply by extending his arm between the two groups. Both stopped instantly and went back to work. That's the kind of respect he has even with other teams.

Speaking of borderline moves, seems like Charlie Kimbal has at least one less friend every race. I think Daly showed a lot of restraint last night when ask about Kimball repeatedly blocking and swerving on him. Hey, don't believe me, and don't believe what he did to Daly was an isolated incident. You can ask Will Power, or even better Juan Montoya. Or, ask JR Hilbebrand what Charlie was doing right in the middle of the groove and bog slow in front of the leader on the last lap of the Indianapolis 500.

Silly season is getting to be downright silly. I hope some of our favorites don't bet rotated out, especially Kaanan. I also really like Chilton because he reminds me so much of Dan Wheldon, and I was impressed with his run at Indy this year..

Back
Top Bottom