IndyCar: Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
StPetersburg2017.png

StPetersburg.png

YYK7WiG.png

C6ZrsEyXQAEt9qg.jpg

http://racecontrol.indycar.com/

I'm prepared to hear about nothing except for the upcoming Indy 500 on Sunday. Excited for the start of the season.
lol True. There is this though. I figured ABC had entirely given up:
ESPN’s production of the race telecast will introduce two new innovations to enhance the viewing experience for fans, including the first, exclusive usage of a predictive analytics system built especially for IndyCar racing that will bring viewers closer to the strategy that often determines race winners.

Designed for ESPN by Pit Rho, a technology company focused on the development of custom, predictive analytics solutions for the motorsports industry, the system will supplement the scoring tickers and graphics that race fans are accustomed to with additional information related to race strategy such as tire compound choices and laps on tires, fuel windows and optimal laps for pitting, as well as predictive analysis of positions, lap time falloff and probability of cautions.
http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...-verizon-indycar-series-season-st-petersburg/

Friday festivities livestream:

Is it just me, or is this some lousy coverage? Most of the morning I've had audio and a variety of changing graphics, but only a few times have I had on-track video feeds. For example, right now I'm hearing audio description of IndyCar practice, but all I see is a wobbling IRL logo. Other times I get a static 'St. Pete GP' logo alternating with autograph session times.

So they ****** with turn 3 or 4 or whatever it is that leads onto the back straight because F2000 couldn't handle it. Smgdh.

Yeah that sucks. One of the best passing spots on the track is now gone.

Yeah that sucks. One of the best passing spots on the track is now gone.
I think that remains to be seen but it could certainly be the case. That corner was badass tho. Now it's just lame af. I got to the track and was wondering why they sounded so slow there, and see there's a giant curb in the middle. Ugh.

All the Road to Indy guys looked great. Solid races down to the last laps.

Truck race was quick, but dang was that fun! Robby Gordon wins. Indy Lites coming up!

The racing is pretty good but it's ridiculous that they have competition cautions during 10 laps races and the announcers keep calling Robby Gordon "The Man, The Myth, The Legend."
Yeah I agree. Just seeing those trucks fly off the jumps 2 at a time on the pavement
at full speed was crazy. Then at the end of the race on the cool down lap, Gordon looks
as if he is about to clip a jump because he could not slow it down in time . Well he hit
with 2 tires and up he goes on 2 wheels about to flip it, intentionally, cause he rides
on 2 wheels around the whole track! Its like going to a circus and out come the monkeys,
everyone smiles!

Woke up extremely early just with the aim to catch this race live. A rare thing. lol

Scott Dixon
Helio Castroneves
Simon Pagenaud
Spencer Pigot
Graham Rahal

Top five after morning warmups.

Graham Rahal is going to be a major threat this year to win it all, especially if they can get sponsorship for Servia... RLL is going to be one scary ass team.

RH Reay buried the car 3 rows deep in a tire barrier with a brake
failure in a.m. warmups. Whole front end needs to be rebuilt.
Tub looks ok.

Yeah , he said the front brakes worked the rears did not. Fronts alone not enough.

Just realized Juan Pablo is not in the field today.

How does Sato outlives someone like Montoya in this series? It sucks, what a shame.

Back
Top Bottom