IndyCar GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma

S

SuperTex14

There are 20 drivers mathematically eligible for the title entering the 85-lap race Aug. 25, and the top two in points -- Helio Castroneves and Scott Dixon -- were fast out of the gate (in the first practice session) on the 2.385-mile, 12-turn course. Dixon, who has won three of the past four races in the No. 9 Target Chip Ganassi Racing car and is 31 points behind the front-running Castroneves, topped the time chart with a best lap of 1 minute, 18.3145 seconds in the 45-minute afternoon session.

NBC Sports Network will broadcast qualifications at 9 p.m. (ET) Aug. 24 and has the race broadcast at 4 p.m. Aug. 25.

http://www.indycar.com/Schedule/2013/IZOD-IndyCar-Series/GoPro-Grand-Prix-Of-Sonoma

I thought the commercials weren't supposed to be three times louder than the TV program anymore? Commercials are at blaring levels on NBCSN.

Haven't watched Indy in years, good timing since I like Sonoma. Used to be a big Indycar fan back in the 80's, Scott Goodyear & Unser Jr. were the man.

How NOT to finish up a pit stop. Did he forget there are other cars pitting too?

This race is crazy! As far as the pit crew collision, I like the thought that he was trying to punk Scott... and of course it didn't work out. The Ganassi boys didn't even care. They've be staring each other down all day I'm sure.

I find it amusing that you bunch of Redneck Hillbillies want to point out other people's failings in regard to their pronounciation. :nyanya::nyanya::nyanya:

Wonder if Dixon will be assessed a penalty for hitting those crewmwn....oh news just in....He WILL penalized.

How many crew guys get hit by a pitch next race?

That reporter is trying to make trouble.....asking if they think it was intentional to both parties.

Gee Whizz! :dual9mm:

Not a word about how that pit crew member was carrying that tire, it was bound to be hit by the car passing. So they penalized Dixon based on him crossing the corner of the pit box of the car ahead of his... oy vey.

Congrats to Dixon. He needed that win.

Just saw an overhead view and Dixon did clip a few inches in Power's box but I think the tire carrier should have been more aware of the situation. Plus Power's pit box layout (set at one end of his box) forced the tire carrier to wander into Dixon's pit box.

Atleast Dixon has the balls to say what's up.

Oh yeah, the body design of the Indycars, wow bizarre looking. They look almost like LMP cars.

FINALLY, he mentions the tire carrying now. Screw the officials penalizing Dixon.

Beau Barfield is way off. These cars need more than 15 feet to get out of the box.. They screwed up today.

Beau Barfield is way off. These cars need more than 15 feet to get out of the box.. They screwed up today.

Well, if they had adequate space in their pit boxes, IndyCar wouldn't be able to determine the championship with one single "judgement" call. This bull****'s getting old. Every single year, bull**** calls and non-calls on blatant violations when IndyCar decides they want a race to play out -- this bull**** determine championships every single year. No wonder nobody watches this crap.

guess indycar figures they need a penske champ this year ?

bs call by barefield. cindric bs too. penske tire carrier was in dixon's box.....cause penske wanted ta pinch dixon comin out. ....slow him enuff so powers gets lead.

Well, if they had adequate space in their pit boxes, IndyCar wouldn't be able to determine the championship with one single "judgement" call. This bull****'s getting old. Every single year, bull**** calls and non-calls on blatant violations when IndyCar decides they want a race to play out -- this bull**** determine championships every single year. No wonder nobody watches this crap.
Not like NASCAR does any different :p

Not like NASCAR does any different :p

Except NASCAR tends to shy away from penalizing drivers during the Chase and has repeatedly said they don't want to influence the outcome of the championship. IndyCar, on the other hand, influences the outcome every single year.

We can all hate NASCAR all day and all night but this stuff doesn't happen often in NASCAR. They tend to let the races play out. This stuff happens in IndyCar every single time they run a race.

they had plenty a' space. if ya look at replay.....penske intentionally pitted powers at rear w/ azz a' car actually in dixon's pit.....but tires over white line.....not in center...a' pit.
they even moved pit wagon up there !
whereas...dixon was in center...so was his pit wagon.

if barefield really cared bout pit crew safety....he'd a penalized powers. bs!
sorta ruins me image a' penske as honest. could even hear it in cindric's voice......he never figured tire carrier would actually get hit ! but like they showed.....had dixon got off wot comin out...his azz would've swung over even more into guy.

I was going to try to find a replay of this race somewhere and then ESPN.com had the IndyCar headline on its front page for the first time in a long while. :mad:

Yeah Powers pitted right at the very back of his box.....contributing to the crewman being hit.

SuperTex14, don't know what that clip has to do with today's race, but thanks for putting up "The Pass". I instantly became a Zanardi fan after watching that pass. Dixon got robbed today. I think the guy was trying to make Dixon wait until Power left, but he couldn't get any further in front of the car without making any more obvious than it was already. Some people say you can't prove intent, but in this case it's easy to see he intended to hold Dixon up as long as he could. Anybody think they will take a page from the NBA and have a make up call in a later race? Normally I would say no, but after that cheesy call today I honestly don't know.

And "Daytoner", "Honder", "Californer", "Servier" and "Simoner".

At least attempt to pronounce the **** correctly.

Ever been to Boston? That's how some folks talk up there. Some Brits (and Australians like Diffey apparently) too. They replace "a" sounds at the end of the words with "er". Idea is pronuced as "ID-errr" and such. My favorite is "beta" (as in beta software, second letter of the greek alphabet, etc.), which they pronounce as "beat-ahhh" instead of "bay-tah".

Back
Top Bottom